How to Value a Tree company?

Mike Hill

Valuing a company is extremely subjective. It is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.......

It is also worth bearing in mind that you are probably the single most valuable asset, as without your knowledge and skills the business would be worthless.

Valuing a company is extremely subjective. It is only worth what someone is prepared to pay.......

It is also worth bearing in mind that you are probably the single most valuable asset, as without your knowledge and skills the business would be worthless.

Yes.A Tree company without staff or Equipment might be tough to sell.

wise words,,specially as its tree work,,firewood di:001_rolleyes:ferent story,as your selling a product not a service,,,my customers like me being there,as my experience with the customer is key, i agree some people think there worth more,,,,difficult one, fixed assets are easy,,,customer base is speculative..no promises they`ll come back,,ie move house,even worse croak,,,

Mike, not much help with the valuation query as I have no experience of it. As Peter said, I would have thought you were the main asset to the tree work side. I think I recall you saying once that you teamed up with him for the established name in the area. How much would this effect the business if you were not associated with that name anymore. Personally I would have thought the Tredocteren name (sp?) would have it's own name in the Market now.

How much does he think he is worth could be the question. Or rather how little once the profits and assets have been divided up.