Farmerben EADT paper article

Andy Collins

Guessing the article in the EADT is about you, reads well and can only do you some good. All the best and hope it all carries on well for you :thumbup:

I've met ben and he seems like a really nice bloke (although we might not see eye to eye all the time) i also knew Peter "Fingers" Layzell who gave the land to the charitable trust that ben farms.

Good luck ben.

i've got many stories about "Fingers Layzell" if you want to hear them...

Guessing the article in the EADT is about you, reads well and can only do you some good. All the best and hope it all carries on well for you :thumbup:

yeah thanks for that Andy, im pleased with the article. although the EADT never told me they were publishing it this weekend and never gave me chance to proof read the article, but hey ho wouldnt of changed much! hopefully it'll help spread my name in a good light. thanks for the support

I've met ben and he seems like a really nice bloke (although we might not see eye to eye all the time) i also knew Peter "Fingers" Layzell who gave the land to the charitable trust that ben farms.

Good luck ben.

i've got many stories about "Fingers Layzell" if you want to hear them...

Cheers Simon :)

Well done Ben. You're everything I never was (!) and I congratulate you for it. I did a year's Agric at Reading, then chucked it in and got out of farming altogether as I didn't have land, money or farming behind me, even though Farm Management had been my intention. But you've gone the other way and made it work; hat off to you.

Well done Ben. You're everything I never was (!) and I congratulate you for it. I did a year's Agric at Reading, then chucked it in and got out of farming altogether as I didn't have land, money or farming behind me, even though Farm Management had been my intention. But you've gone the other way and made it work; hat off to you.

cheers, im no different to anyone establishing themselves in what ever industry really. just think its especially hard with farming cause of capital needed but there are ways round things :) dont give up my friend! i have mate who is late 40's never done farming but always fancied it, he still works full time in london but has now bought 50 acres and studies 2 days a week at ag college!

all the best