Female's on the tools?

Mike Hill

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, us bikers stick together :lol:

On a serious note, this whole women in the industry, women on the tools, can women climb as well as men blah blah blah topic gets very tedious and I get quite irritated by it.

My gender has never been an issue in this industry. And I will never let it be. We are all individuals with our own merits and if anyone is stupid enough to stereotype me because I am a woman, then they are not worth my time and they are certainly not worthy of being called a professional.

to right, and everything you say is true, one of the tutors at collage is one of the best climbers ive seen, gender is not a problem in arb or any industry for that matter, some men dont want to work and some women dont want to work, but for all the people that do want to work, is critising them over there gender even fair?

i think every arb gang should have a janey :001_smile::thumbup:

Or a Ginja :thumbup:

I'm far too old and knackered to be on the tools these days, but I'm smart enough to realise this. My climbing days are definately long gone.

I could keep you well supplied in tea and cake though :sneaky2:

I'm far too old and knackered to be on the tools these days, but I'm smart enough to realise this. My climbing days are definately long gone.

I could keep you well supplied in tea and cake though :sneaky2:

tea and cake sounds good to me,:thumbup:

One of my best brash rats :biggrin:

Is that the Mr Bell who went on my brothers stag do? With my fella? and my Cousin? And Dave & Big Andy?

If so who's the lass coz if she's round our way we should meet for a beer to winge about sexist attitudes in the industry!!! :lol:

I could keep you well supplied in tea and cake though

Janey:thumbup:, You're only as old as you feel, and we all feel old and knackered at the end of a hard day! The other saying is your only as old as who you feel, which makes me 32 instead of 33! yeah!lol

All this talk of girls making brews, i'm not approving of this, who the hell has time onsite for brews!!! You lot aren't working hard enough! :lol:

hmmmm cake :thumbup:

"I'm far too old and knackered to be on the tools these days"

I got told once that you're only as old as the woman you feel (at least in my case) so I'm younger than I actually am :001_huh: I'm 41 and still climbing, in a fashion. Hope you're not stereotyping against us older climbers there Janey. You wouldn't be applying that we're past it once we hit 35 surely? :001_tongue:

Edited by Taupotreeman

I got told once that you're only as old as the woman you feel (at least in my case) so I'm younger than I actually am :001_huh: I'm 41 and still climbing, in a fashion. Hope you're not stereotyping against us older climbers there Janey. You wouldn't be applying that we're past it once we hit 35 surely? :

If that's the definition of age, then I'm 0 years old :thumbup:. Not that I feel women... :blushing:. You know what I mean.

Heaven forbid that there are steroetypes being bandied around on this 'site!!! LoL. If you want to carry on climbing into your 40s, 50s, 60s or beyond and you can do it safely, then that's great. I, however, was born old and knackered I think, and I'm sensible enough to know my limits when it came to my climbing career. Now, how to apply that good sense to the other areas of my life :lol:?