ms200 pull start

blue

my topper is about 2-3months old and the recoil spring keeps working out of the mounting point,has anyone else had this prob?

in 17 years i've never had this on any saw,had a few break but not come out.

getting a bit sick of having the spring try to take my eye out when rewinding it into place

you have a way with saws dont ya mate..wich mounting bit the one on the casing or the wheel it self.......i have had a few that where right b@stads and kept coming of the wheel u wind the cord around....the only answer is buy a new wheell and get a new spring they never seem to be quite the same after they pop out a few times,oh and dont over rap the spring 4-5 turns at the most.

If you get stuck i got a spare side and case complete.

288 seems fine ,put the same chain after a clean up back on dropped and rung up the last big elm today the chain behaved it self fine...still time for a 395 though ,that saw just dont rev like the new huskys evan though it is very torqy

I think it's a pretty common fault. It's happend to me several times. The last time was on a Saturday Job-And-Finish with 4 climbers going hell-for-leather. Took 2 of us about half an hour to sort it out again. Pain in the arse, to be oh-so-perfectly honest.