Not going to work today for an odd reason...

alex_m

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were working in a remote area of Macclesfield Forest when a couple of Black armoured V8 4x4's appeared and the people inside were armed to the teeth. The man in charge asked if we lived in these woods and we said no. Vehicles unloaded and a while on teams came back with an arrested man.

Turned out some lost ramblers had found a handmade log cabin deep in the forest and this was at the time the IRA had a cell that had been known to hide with weapons in this area. (The man arrested was a homeless person who had built this over a period of time and lived in peace with nature)

well the police have finally came round and took the rifle i found walking the mut this morning... they weren't impressed as it could have been in the hands of kids quite easily, but when i reported it, just incase lost or stolen etc i felt like a criminal! had to say where i was, why i was there, anyone with me, where i found it, where i was going, home address, phone numbers, etc etc!!!!

I think thats procedure, I was the only witness to an artic leaving the road in front of me, was asked loads of questions. Afterwards I sounded like a truck spotting nerd. My statement went something like this. "I saw the vehicle, a blue 2 tone daf or foden(truck was stuck in a hedge driver colapsed at wheel) 6x2 articulated tractor unit pulling a tri axle bulk insulated tipping trailer with a blue body leave the road in front of me.

I would never describe a vehicle like that, but the officer asked me what type of truck is it? What sort of trailer is it? etc. It only dawned on me when I verified my statement later, It was longer than any English assignment I ever did at school.