DIY conveyor

Stereo

Anyone built one of these? I need something to take logs from the saw horse into a vented bag. Or is there anything similar you can adapt? I've thought of using gravity but it means finding or building a mound to drive the truck up on and chop from there. Cheaper to run I suppose.

Ive thought about this before, one of the best cheap ways is an old bale elevator, at farm sale they go for as little as £50. Not many farms use the small bales now so they are not needed. Farm sales e-Bay keep an eye out.

Only drawback they run off electric usally, so not good for isolated sites.

Takes me back. I used to stick bales on one of them as a kid with Dad and Uncle George up in the loft stacking them up. I remember it being about 30ft long though and with no so big teeth.

Blummin dangerous now I think of it. The kill switch was always down on the floor about half a mile from anyone. I can still remember the chatter-chatter noise it made. Thank god for round bales.

I have always been a fan of conveyors. I swear it halves the effort and doubles the speed. I have just bought a used upm conveyor on ebay for £300 for one of my saws. You need at least 4.5 metres to reach the middle of the truck with raised sides. The motors are normally only 40 - 120 watts so could be run of an inverter or a hand bag generator.

i'm in process of havin my 4metre conveyor off my burnt out palax processor fabricated onto my horizontal wessex splitter.... this way one swift movement with one hand will slide load split logs onto conveyor and into a 30 yard bin.... i reckon it will more than double or triple output... i'll put some pics up when its done....