throwing a big oak top over 15'

dadio

The most skilled people I know have never told me how good they are, but I and other have told lots of people of their great skill.

I always find those who feel the need to shout about their ability are only doing so because they think or wish they are better than they actually are.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Daniel. IMO a lot of the flak you receive is not down to the vids but the way in which you present them and talk about them afterwards."

No doubt, I get defensive too... and often come off as rude and condescending.. And perhaps even enjoy the banter cause its better than getting bored..

I first started making videos, because I found ALL the "man cuts branch, branch falls to ground" videos entirely boring. And the many lame examples of poor rigging were painful to watch..

The first few good crane and rigging vids were pretty cool, but they too have become same old... same old... I want to see something new, something exciting, something out of the box. So I make them myself... How's that for attitude?? :)

Edited by dadio

Dadio, I don't know much about the sort of work you do, but your attitude makes you about one of the most punchable people on the forum.

The most skilled people I know have never told me how good they are, but I and other have told lots of people of their great skill. I always find those who feel the need to shout about their ability are only doing so because they think or wish they are better than they actually are.

:thumbup1: The best people let their work speak for themselves.

dadio, It sounds like some folks believe that your ability and skill to attack certain tree removals in the manor of your choosing is either crap or liken you to the Evil Knevil

of this industry. I wonder if some folks really understand that what your doing is not for getting a rise out of others but actually showing folks how to work smarter in stead of harder. I get the same response from folks and more when I show my product at trade shows, and the interesting thing about it is the longer I am out there showing and selling the less nay sayers there are. Your techniques for taking down trees are sound and well planned, if not you would not put your reputation on the line by producing videos and still be in business. BTW, I really liked Evil Knevil growing up and he was a larger than life character that folks here in the USA could relate to and overcome nearly anything in the process.

easy-lift guy

The most skilled people I know have never told me how good they are, but I and other have told lots of people of their great skill.

I always find those who feel the need to shout about their ability are only doing so because they think or wish they are better than they actually are.

:congrats::congrats::congrats:

dadio, It sounds like some folks believe that your ability and skill to attack certain tree removals in the manor of your choosing is either crap or liken you to the Evil Knevil

of this industry. I wonder if some folks really understand that what your doing is not for getting a rise out of others but actually showing folks how to work smarter in stead of harder. I get the same response from folks and more when I show my product at trade shows, and the interesting thing about it is the longer I am out there showing and selling the less nay sayers there are. Your techniques for taking down trees are sound and well planned, if not you would not put your reputation on the line by producing videos and still be in business. BTW, I really liked Evil Knevil growing up and he was a larger than life character that folks here in the USA could relate to and overcome nearly anything in the process.

easy-lift guy

But in reality it takes more time not less, setting up all those ropes takes an age.

I think Daniel has hit the truth in his earlier post, its all about making video's, most of us just want to get the job done ASAP, get paid and go home.

For Daniel, its all about making what he thinks is a good film, so many of us just don't see the point.

But in reality it takes more time not less, setting up all those ropes takes an age.

I think Daniel has hit the truth in his earlier post, its all about making video's, most of us just want to get the job done ASAP, get paid and go home.

For Daniel, its all about making what he thinks is a good film, so many of us just don't see the point.

Not true, I miss a lot of great shots because I AM more focused on getting the job done than making a video.. And the techniques and skill I use, make a huge difference in productivity and profit.. In the case of this video, almost all of the rope and pulley set up was done by others while I was working in the bucket..