what music do we all like?

miker

Old style hard rock but loads of other stuff. Mainly AC/DC, Zep, Purple, Sabbath and then on to early metal stuff like Maiden etc. Also love the old blues rock like Fleetwood Mac, Free and so on. Other times I like a bit of Sibelius.

Really I just like something which moves either the listener or moves the air around you. Can't abide lukewarm anything. Music has to DO something to me.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad you started this thread Miker, was going to post this in the achievements thread, but i was going to base it on influencing music, and this song was a big wake up call to me 5 years ago, after a miserable relationship end i kind of went on a downer for 6 months. i know it happens to most of us and its better to of loved and lost than not loved at all......BUT i made my own bed and i lay in it.....so after 5 months of work work work running someone else business i came home one night to find the ex ..........you know the rest????:sneaky2:.

anyway after near on a litre of vodka a night for 2 months i ended up in a bed at the local hospital dehydrated, depressed, knackered from work and just wanting a break, then a young lad in the bed next to me lent me his ipod thingy.....:biggrin: the first song that was played to my ears was Staind and the song outside.......it took a while but i got over what had happened and now i look back and think it was the best thing that ever happened to me....every time i hear this song it makes me smile because i'm on the outside and i'm looking in . i only drink the odd beer now and will never touch vodka again....well hope you enjoy this if you have not heard it before:thumbup:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6zdPD81kY0&feature=related]Staind feat Fred Durst - Outside live at {Family Valious 1999} HD - YouTube[/ame]

My choice of music will vary soo much on my mood & environment,I dont do music much,unless I need it,(generaly when I'm contemplative Or buzzing with energy),love the stones old stuff most any time.

Couple of my favourite things here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Af372EQLck]Johann Pachelbel Canon in D Major fantastic version, classical music - YouTube[/ame]

I have posted this before,& love the power in it.

Next:

[ame]

[/ame]

Oh so real to my life!

then:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0]Jefferson Airplane -White Rabbit- - YouTube[/ame]

Just reminds me of wet knees on golf courses early in the morning...(picking those mushrooms)

Oh, & this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp18sKXaFlE&feature=related]Leonard Cohen. Bird on a Wire. - YouTube[/ame]

Leonard's work is in my mind complete genius stuff..

Edited by geoff
pearshaped link.

haha , im opposite end of scale

acid house , belgium hoover rave , oldskoolbreakbeathardcore , painos also all types of techno..

another note for those around late 80's early 90's i dj out very offten alongside likes of slipmatt/altern8/njoi/shaeds rythem etc

haha , im opposite end of scale

acid house , belgium hoover rave , oldskoolbreakbeathardcore , painos also all types of techno..

another note for those around late 80's early 90's i dj out very offten alongside likes of slipmatt/altern8/njoi/shaeds rythem etc

What on earth is belgium hoover rave? is it like hot potato dancing when you all look like your juggling hot potatoes except now its gone a step further and you juggle imaginary hoovers from belgium? :lol:

I don't like any particular genre of music but a whole load of odds and sods. Classical for when I need to calm down, Jazz and swing, 60's 70's and 80's depending on the mood and I'm partial to a bit of metal and rock. Never quite got into thrash and most of what I call jigaboo music which is most of the american pop that seems to dominate the charts these days.

Glad you started this thread Miker, was going to post this in the achievements thread, but i was going to base it on influencing music, and this song was a big wake up call to me 5 years ago, after a miserable relationship end i kind of went on a downer for 6 months. i know it happens to most of us and its better to of loved and lost than not loved at all......BUT i made my own bed and i lay in it.....so after 5 months of work work work running someone else business i came home one night to find the ex ..........you know the rest????:sneaky2:.

anyway after near on a litre of vodka a night for 2 months i ended up in a bed at the local hospital dehydrated, depressed, knackered from work and just wanting a break, then a young lad in the bed next to me lent me his ipod thingy.....:biggrin: the first song that was played to my ears was Staind and the song outside.......it took a while but i got over what had happened and now i look back and think it was the best thing that ever happened to me....every time i hear this song it makes me smile because i'm on the outside and i'm looking in . i only drink the odd beer now and will never touch vodka again....well hope you enjoy this if you have not heard it before:thumbup:

Staind feat Fred Durst - Outside live at {Family Valious 1999} HD - YouTube

love this song,,, and gota love abit of fred durst aka limp bizkit