problem with my transit

Alex Reid

As above,

I have a 54 plate 90bhp t350 lwb crew cab tipper.

when it is stationary is cant get a gear for the life of me sometimes second if i am lucky. but when i am on the move its absoloutly fine.

can anyone shed any light on this if they have had similar problems

cheers

alex

master cylinder or slave cylinder but i say master clyinder around 70 pound part and you can fit it your self in about half an hour mite even have a air lock take of the brake and clutch fluid top and keep pumping the clutch mite help if there is just an air lock i have a firend who works for ford and iveco

Have a look under the steering column at the clutch pedel where it connects to the clutch master cylinder to see if is damp with fluid,if it is then easy to replace,pull r-clip that connects rod to pedel and pull of, then go under bonnet and pull of the pipe from the side of the main master cylinder, then just twist clutch master cylinder 1/4 turn and it will pull out of the bulkhead. Easy job (10 mins)

If its the slave cylinder,again easy job,(under vehicle in side of gearbox)clamp flexi pipe....pull out c-clip and pull flexi out of slave cylinder,then twist slave 1/4 turn and it will come out.

there is a bleed nipple on the back of the slave to bleed this and the master(this turns 1/2 turn to open).

if its neither of these then it'll be the dual mass flywheel thats knackered.

get a solid flywheel clutch conversion,about £200 for complete kit.:thumbup:

sorry for rambling on...