no fear

nuggsy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some say fear is a sign of intelligence; I think fear is a useful tool in the kit of life, as it brings to light possible outcomes, which affords one the opportunity to respond to a situation, to plan for worst case scenarios, have a response ready for an outcome, and (possibly) avoid certain actions that may bring about the actuality of one's fears. Fear wakes one up, which in a possbily dangerous situation is rather helpful. :001_smile:

The trick, I think, is to face one's fears so as to overcome them, not to let fear overwhelm you. Fear left unattended can paralyse a person, and possibly bring about the afeared thing- for example, if fear is strong it can affect one's ability to think well, it can have a physical response in the body, such as shaking, sweating, etc.

Once you have identified your fears by breaking them down, you can lessen their impact on you, leaving you with a healthy respect.

So, for example, using a chainsaw inches from your face is quite a lary thing that takes time to get used to. Knowing that you know how to properly use a chainsaw can help lessen some of the fear- you know how to avoid kickbacks, as much as humanly possible, you know you can work, as much as possible, to avoid being in the plane of a possible kickback, or at least endeavour not to have your neck ready and waiting. You can make sure your chain catcher is in good condion, you can keep you saw sharp, you can use full revs and not pussy foot around. You can keep alert (lovely creatures that they are), which can help a person avoid doing foolish things.

There is no shame in being afraid, it is how you act upon it that counts.

nuggsy ask ur boss dougie how he cut his lip, that may help u to respect the chainsaw

i dont work for a dougie lol, i have an instructor called dougie and the guy im doing work experience with is richard gauld.

was supposed 2 go with dougie stephen but that fell threw

Every now and then take a look at what your doing and have a think if your happy about it.

I neither fear nor respect chainsaws, they are a power tool they do what you tell them to do. You f**k up and they will bite you, If you want to know what it feels like ask a college wearing a pair of steely's to give you a right good kick in the hand,leg, arm,face, neck etc then have a bit of a slash with a silky. :001_smile: