any one lit there stove yet??

egnsean

Had ours lit for a couple of weeks now, I am blaming the new baby and also have the in-laws over from Slovakia. Their own house sits at a cool 28c all winter cause they have a huge stove that does the whole house. So mine has to be hot as well! Mind you saying that we don't have the central heating on yet, so we are saving on the gas bill.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had ours lit for a couple of weeks now, I am blaming the new baby and also have the in-laws over from Slovakia. Their own house sits at a cool 28c all winter cause they have a huge stove that does the whole house. So mine has to be hot as well! Mind you saying that we don't have the central heating on yet, so we are saving on the gas bill.

congrats on the new baby, and you have a hard act to follow with the inlaws at 28c :biggrin: good luck ,sean

Had ours on for a couple weeks now, mainly in evenings. Trying to stop the crazy heating system waking up and burning oil - wish i had simple on/off time clock on this system rather than on/off but add in if temp drops below x degrees it wakes up, so may as well just switch to on for 24hrs.

dont know how much i burn per winter, cant count that much.......shed is 11 x 11 feet. slopes from 8 feet to 7 foot at rear and i empty that.

i see where your comeing from then, that must take some heating, how many stoves & what makes/sizes?

Aarrow EV11F and leave all the room doors open :lol:

Oil converted Rayburn heats the water and kitchen but boiler too small to run radiators:001_rolleyes:

Few weeks here as well. We have an Esse in the kitched which we cook on and heats the thermal store so that's been on for about a month. As above, just trying to stop the gas boiler having to cut in if the store gets too cool.

Our house is also very well insulated but the problem we find with that is that it doesn't soak up the heat during the day so gets chilly in the evening.

Plus, having the woodburner blazing away is what makes life worth living. I've only lived in one house without a real fire and it was very depressing.

I have one lit at night every night of the year apart from about two months in summer. Big old house that faces in the wrong direction. Got two stoves at the moment and will soon be installing a third and also taking out a gas fire to re-install an open fire. That will be four lovely wood burning fires to keep us warm :thumbup:

I have one lit at night every night of the year apart from about two months in summer. Big old house that faces in the wrong direction. Got two stoves at the moment and will soon be installing a third and also taking out a gas fire to re-install an open fire. That will be four lovely wood burning fires to keep us warm :thumbup:

HI dave thats the way to do it mate take the gas stove out i do like giving n power any cash :lol: jon