Business advisors

benedmonds

Most consulting firms can offer many services weather it be a package deal for advisement or specific matters. Like anything else some are better than others. I believe it is important to shop with certain needs and wants up front when dealing with said firms. Be specific and don't let someone sell you a bunch of anything when shopping for what you need to meet your specific goals.

easy-lift guy

No but even pen pushers are able to work when times are hard. I would offer £80 a day and show them how to work the processor. A few people I have employed over the last 20 years have given me business advice during tea breaks. I am sure this would work the same for you if you felt the advice they gave was worth it you could give them a £400 bonus but at least you would have some logs cut.

Surely they should be the same as a good accountant, ie: they should make you money, not cost any.

In a past live I employed one once, but I made a deal with them before. I let him look through all my figures, then made him decide wether or not he could make me make more money. He reckoned he could so we agreed on €200/day, half at date of invoice, the other half after results could be proven.

He worked hard, the boy did and got paid his full price.

Sometimes it needs a look from a different angle to see opportunities or just as importantly: where you loose money unnessecary.

I've not used one myself. But sat on the board for other companies using one. If you get a good one, they will be worth the money all day long.

If you can take an outsider picking you apart for constructive reasons and do as they ask before the next meeting then it will be worth it. If you don't do what they ask of you, you won't know if it would have worked in the first place.

Make sure you get a few people to sit in with you to put an outsiders point of view across. Sometimes their are obvious things you can change, but you just can't see it yourself.

I think about £600-£1000 per day is a good one.

It's a massive decision to make and an even bigger commitment as they will give you work to do.

Good luck what ever you decide.:001_smile: