Pottiputki?

Daniël Bos

Im pretty sure there was an importer, I cant remeber who though, and i was a while ago so there maynot be now. The occasionally come up used on ebay but still make £50+ I have looked at them but decided they were going to be a pain for planting broadleaved, due to the diameter of the tube

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would get one, for the odd cell planting job we get.

I looked back through the records and found the quote I got from BCC its from 2007 and was for 10 units £ 108 euro each plus shipping. I have no idea what that would equate to now as the euro has devalued quite a lot in the past 4 years.

Think I've got a couple floating around. If you are going to use them you need well preped ground, almost branchless plugs.

I found it easier to use the putki to make the hole then drop the plug in by hand rather than down the tube. But easier still with a good spade.

Most of the planters I've met/know still use a good planting spade instead though being mechanised it might be a way around the GMLA...

I was hoping to source some in Germany as I'll be over that way towards the end of the month, no such luck though.:thumbdown:

So...

Over to you mr Jones:thumbup:

The manufactor claims one should be able to plant 3 to 5 thousand trees a day with one of these. Just the thought of 3000 trees per day makes me tired:blushing: If it were true though, you should recover the cost of one of these in less than a day's work at the normal rate.

As these have been around for quite some time apparently I wondered why they are not for sale anywhere in the UK? Are they just not that suitable for UK conditions, or do the Swedes tend to use mainly all plugs, or what?:confused1:

I was hoping to source some in Germany as I'll be over that way towards the end of the month, no such luck though.:thumbdown:

So...

Over to you mr Jones:thumbup:

The manufactor claims one should be able to plant 3 to 5 thousand trees a day with one of these. Just the thought of 3000 trees per day makes me tired:blushing: If it were true though, you should recover the cost of one of these in less than a day's work at the normal rate.

As these have been around for quite some time apparently I wondered why they are not for sale anywhere in the UK? Are they just not that suitable for UK conditions, or do the Swedes tend to use mainly all plugs, or what?:confused1:

Grube KG - Der Onlineshop für Wald, Landschaft, Natur und Umwelt.