Crunch!!!

felixthelogchopper

Coming home from my girlfriend's parents' house late on Sunday night, a Jaguar saloon pulled across me into an in-and-out driveway and then straight round out in front of me again, causing a collision which has written off my vehicle. The police took away the other driver's licence at the scene as he was well into his 80s and infirm enough that it was felt he should have stopped driving long ago. :mad1: His insurance company have accepted full liablity already (10am the next morning) and all the various bits of the claim are going ahead nicely. I even got a loan car after taking about 5 minutes to describe what I needed to the hire company, but I don't think they were really listening as I am the only groundie I know who is turning up on site in a Merc ML350. :laugh1: So apart from the personal damage which is currently preventing me from doing anything more strenuous than clearing up after light reductions, I have the hassle of finding a vehicle to replace my old Maverick TDi which was doing duty as a work wagon/tow vehicle. I hope I will have at least £2k to spend so any suggestions, recommendations or 'avoid like the plague' warnings for decent 4x4s in that price range? I'd like to be able to tow with it but doesn't need to be plated higher than 2.8 tonnes. Thanks in advance for any help. :001_smile:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you like the Maverick why not try a terrano they are not bad off road, refined enough on road, I had one for a while and several friends round here have them, one has one that he uses working for murphys construction with 280K miles on it and it runs very sweetly still (and it hasnt had an easy life)

If you like the Maverick why not try a terrano they are not bad off road, refined enough on road, I had one for a while and several friends round here have them, one has one that he uses working for murphys construction with 280K miles on it and it runs very sweetly still (and it hasnt had an easy life)

The choker about losing mine was it had a sweet lump in it that was barely run in at 160k :001_rolleyes:

When you have 2K to buy a car surely you're entering a lottery? Sure, some cars may have a better rep then others, deserved or not but you'll be looking at 100k miles plus vehicles and most likely have no idea of their history regardless of "histoy" that comes with the car. Dealer stamps will tell you nothing of the sort of plonker that used to ride the clutch, towed a 17ton trailer on a daily basis, revved the nuts of it from cold...

If I were you I'd look at the "civilian" type of 4x4, more likely to have been used by Annie from number 47 who really needed to get her little darlings to school "safely". Something like a freelander isn't actually that bad, or as mentioned a terrano, or a honda CRV or similar. If you can live with the looks that is...

Thats a tough one mate,hope your not too knocked about,got a mate who deals in import 4x4s,just given him a bell & he will look about to see if he has anything to fit the bill,will give you a call tomorrow anyway.:001_smile:

Cheers mate, that would be good. Need to talk to you about Howe Green job :001_smile: