Anyone got an Atlas tipper trailer?

farmer_ben

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive been looking for a tipper for a while been messed about so thought i would ring around, spoke to Clive at atlas and he was really helpful looks like he has got something coming in that's in my budget and only two year old .

I think they look aswell made as an ifor and cheaper cant go wrong.

The atlas do look a good trailer and heard a few good reports, I just bought a brand new LM105 with a set of steel ramps and caged sides. Couldn't justify a tipper and the only reason I bought an ifor williams is the same reason as anyone else, because they hold there money.

The atlas do look a good trailer and heard a few good reports, I just bought a brand new LM105 with a set of steel ramps and caged sides. Couldn't justify a tipper and the only reason I bought an ifor williams is the same reason as anyone else, because they hold there money.

I think the atlas tipper will hold its money all the high quality tipper hold there money the one i am looking at is 2 years old and the guy wants 2500 it was 3k new so if i keep it for 2 years and sell it for 2k i will be happy:001_smile:

I had a 10 x 5'9 nugent tipper a while back and I found it very heavy to tow. Even moving around a concrete yard by hand was a big struggle. For log deliveries, I think I would go for an 8x5 with mesh sides. Its also easier to get a reasonable £/m3 rate for a smaller load imo.

A 10ft with mesh sides takes a lot of filling!

i purchased an atlas trailer around 4 years ago. my first post on here was about them and i still stand by what i said i.e. fanastic trailer, well built (better than any of the competitors in my humble opinion) clive is great to deal with and always willing to help plus its 1k cheaper than ifor. i use mine for fire wood, moving my 1.5 ton mini digger, compact tractor, soil, hedge cuttings etc etc. they've got a gross laden weight of 3.5 tons, which i think is greater than the brian james and like the ifor the atlas is on leaf strings, whereas brain james is on rubber suspension units which never seem as strong and long lived as the leaf springs. i emailed clive a little while after i purchased the trailer to thank him and let him know how pleased i was with it, he thewn posted extracts from the email on his testimonenials page on his website, i think its still on there now. i just wish he made a plant trailer as well as i'm looking for one now and it would be nice to have one as well built as the tipper!

hope this helps you make up your mind. i certainly wouldnt hestitate to buy another

Has your gd 85 got mesh sides on it is it electric lift if its in good nick that sounds cheep at that price ?

GD85 is a general purpose trailer NOT a tipper. Thats why I want a tipper but the IFW tailgate hinges at the top, I did test a prototype this spring that cured that but production will not start for some time. It has not mesh sides or anything else, just 4 sides about 16 inches deep and a drop down load ramp.

A

I had a 10 x 5'9 nugent tipper a while back and I found it very heavy to tow. Even moving around a concrete yard by hand was a big struggle. For log deliveries, I think I would go for an 8x5 with mesh sides. Its also easier to get a reasonable £/m3 rate for a smaller load imo.

A 10ft with mesh sides takes a lot of filling!

No experience with mesh sides admitted but I would worry about stability. Tipper centre of gravity is a shade higher than my GD85 range, loading 3 or 4 cube into a mesh side would put the COG quite high. 1 x cum of soft is about 600kg so you wont be overweight with 4 cube. The other issue is tipping with a mesh rear section, logs will jam underneath so it would need to hinge up, maybe they do.

Just my 2 bobs worth,

A