A Rant If I May Gents!!!

farmer_ben

I think this thread shows a professionals concern about how he has been treated, it affected him emotionally, not financially.

He did the deal, delivered as discussed then the other party 4 hours later went sour.:sneaky2:

He never ranted and raved, he had a vent, we all gave our advice Ben took from it what he needed, carried it out and the other party was happy to have the product removed, allls wee and ends well imo:001_cool:

Cheers Steve

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there is a lot of OTT and back clapping stuff in this thread TBH.

The customer wasnt happy with the amount of firewood that was delivered to him. This cant be THAT unusual. He chose to complain to the supplier (in some ways this is better and more honest than bad mouthing him to others behind his back)

The supplier offered a full refund and the customer availed of this.

The customer got what he wanted, and has more than likely ordered a load from his old supplier. He is happy, the OP is happy, everyone's a winner. :thumbup:

,,,makes me wonder if all the above would have resulted the same outcomes etc. would it have been in the depths of Winter and/or a cold snowy and Icy period?

I have little time for folk who do not appreciate the time and work involved in extraction/prepping/seasoning etc and disdain toward a quality firewood supplier :(

FFS, I did NOT say he had been impolite!!!!!!, I simply stated what I would have done:001_rolleyes:

I do think its unprofessional to start justifying my prices by saying others don't pay tax or any other comments that try to discredit my competition.

Fair point IMO.

Their might be a lesson for us all here, don't tip a load unless the person who is paying for it is present and is happy with what they are getting.

I agree, I once took a load to a customer for a friend who also does logs, he told them it was a 6x4 trailer, when he couldn't deliver as his disco was knackered thus he asked me to help him out and drop them some logs, I took them round and backe into the drive, the guy looks at my landy and asks where the trailer is, I explain that I deliver in my landy tipper, he looks at the logs and says that they look good, I tip them out and wait for the money, he asks when I'm bringing the rest? I tell him that that's it, he says I was told a 6x5 trailer?? I explain that that's the same amount of wood but in a different vehicle, he starts telling me how the last lot he got there were more logs at half the cost, blah,blah. He offered me 60 quid for them!! I smiled and loaded them up and left!! Propper knob!