A Rant If I May Gents!!!

farmer_ben

Have to mention the obvious

How come he isn't using the old chap then?

I will tell you exactly why he called me, his old chap delivered him 2 loads couple of weeks, which had only just been felled and hardly any of it was split!! bloody great rings that would spilt to 6/8 logs!!!!! I was polite enough not to even mention this, although i had to bite my lip!!!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your asuming i wasnt polite? I couldnt of been nicer on the phone, the chap is well known in the village and I respect him for that and couldnt of been nicer.

He's given me a cheque otherwise I would of happily collected the wood.

:confused1: What difference does that make???:confused1:

I will tell you exactly why he called me, his old chap delivered him 2 loads couple of weeks, which had only just been felled and hardly any of it was split!! bloody great rings that would spilt to 6/8 logs!!!!! I was polite enough not to even mention this, although i had to bite my lip!!!

Not getting at you mate but I would have mentioned this as he brought it up first

I'm just as guilty though- always thinking of the perfect response when mulling it over at some later time

Don't let him bully you.

Phone him up tomorrow and say you've considered his position and you will return his cheque and collect the wood.

You keep your pride and he has to find someone else to deliver more dry wood.

Not getting at you mate but I would have mentioned this as he brought it up first

I'm just as guilty though- always thinking of the perfect response when mulling it over at some later time

Don't let him bully you.

Phone him up tomorrow and say you've considered his position and you will return his cheque and collect the wood.

You keep your pride and he has to find someone else to deliver more dry wood.

the old boy supplying him is a friend of his and I didnt want to ruffle more feathers.

Thanks for the advice , I may well do that.

As irritating as it would be to collect the wood I think you'd feel better for it. Regardless of weather he is right or wrong to complain about the price, it always leaves a sour feeling knowing that you have an unhappy customer.

your right there steve, cheers. messages have been very helpful, if it werent for arbtalk the girlfriend would of had a right ear bashing tonight!! cheers

forget being all nicey nice, this guy is only doing this for 1 reason, to get at you and hopefully cheaper logs :sneaky2: If he was that upset he would of cancelled the cheque and called trading standards blah blah blah.

Go round first thing, 8am, knock the door and get your wood back and hand over the cheque.

Dont say anything else, dont get pulled into a conversation, go silent and just watch him squirm!:001_smile:

This will eat at you forever if you do not. Every day something isnt going right, everytime you see him in the village or his friends etc etc.

This is not a soap opera where you have been given a script and cant change from goody to baddy, why should this guy be allowed to act in a way that is morally disgusting to you, make you feel bad for being a good guy.:thumbdown:

You are a professional that deserves to be treated like 1:001_cool:

As irritating as it would be to collect the wood I think you'd feel better for it. Regardless of weather he is right or wrong to complain about the price, it always leaves a sour feeling knowing that you have an unhappy customer.

The voice of reason, I was thinking the same. Might you lose more custom from an unsatisfied customer with a loud mouth? Skyhuck ... Maybe a little unfair? I don't normally comment just read and take on board peoples comments but I have noticed farmer Ben seems a genuine fella trying to give the customer a quality product, I have the same issue with people selling wet wood transit load and claiming it is over 3 cubic metres for less than my truck load at 120 for 1.7 cubic metres. ( ps my truck is a isuzu grafter )