Please don't laugh too much

Scottie

• 6 months later...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3-4 coats of Danish oil should do it . You can wax over the top of Danish oil but the wax will mark more easily than the oil if you get water on the table. I am new to the Arb world but I have been a cabinet maker for over 20 years and I agree with the others it looks like oak but that's a good thing as you have made a table with it, oak is much tougher than cedar of Lebanon.

Honestly its Lebonese Ceder, the legs are oak and I got the oak from a tree that I cut down myself. I will put what I have left of the ceder on top of an oak log that I have.

Edited by Scottie
Adding a bit to it.

597660a3c6883_picnicbenchnewbury001.jpg.b059dee72f436006c63f9861bb292f9d.jpg

597660a3ccee7_oaktable004.jpg.2e1aad84fd23cc4337d153fb75985448.jpg

mate the two pics you posted are definetly oak and cedar no doubt,,,but theres a massive amount of people who know there woods and know when they see oak,,,and as Ive milled over 20 large logs of cedar,,,(all types) in the last six months,,I know that your bits are oak,,, heres a bench I made from cedar,,and a oak table ,,2 totally different looks,,,,