Multi-tip stump grinder set up ?

Pat Ferrett

Hi all! searched Multi-tip on the forum and found very little info about the system, so I have taken the plunge and ordered the wheel and a spare set of cutters to replace the pro teeth on the Vermeer 252.

Ill let you know My findings I just hope after the all the research I have made the right decision :laugh1:

I have got a multi tip wheel on my predator 28 and i think it pretty good .

The teeth last a long time and you can get diffrent teeth for doing roots rather than stumps ( They are desighned to cut diffrently so the machine does not slow as much ) .

I find the teeth are quick to change and easy to get hold of . The only doiwn side i have found is that some of the keeper blocks we sent were not quite right and we had to re drill and re thread them . The wheel also tends to wear around the 2 main cutting teeth .

this what you on about?

[ATTACH]77532[/ATTACH]

Yeah thats them :001_cool:

I bought the complete wheel ready to go with a spare set of teeth and postage for £520 all in.

The Vermeer set up has 16 cutters and 8 pockets the Mult-tip has only 6 but a total of 24 cutters, so it should be smooth and at just over £60 I can have a brand new set of teeth thats just over £2 per cutter tip :thumbup1: