Grants for processors

Alycidon

I read that the Hardwood Logs guys got a grant from the East Midland Development Agency to upgrade their processor to the new Pinosa.

http://www.hardwoodlogsltd.co.uk/

My investigations seem to show that this line of possible funding has now been closed by the govt.

Anyone care to comment on if this is correct or not and if so are their any other grant funding options. Pretty sure I am not in a development or deprived area.

Thanks

A

Edited by Alycidon

A lot of the grants are closing, but there is still money available in the southeast. I got a 50% of a 4x4 tractor paid for and various friends have had processors, splitters and trailers funded. If you don't ask you don't get!

I read that the Hardwood Logs guys got a grant from the East Midland Development Agency to upgrade their processor to the new Pinosa.

Hardwood Logs Ltd

My investigations seem to show that this line of possible funding has now been closed by the govt.

Anyone care to comment on if this is correct or not and if so are their any other grant funding options. Pretty sure I am not in a development or deprived area.

Thanks

A

There are still some regional grants Im 99% sure there are still grants in West Mids with a woodfuel bias, also there are other grants that may help such as business diversification, but these are all getting harder to gain and much heavier subscribed, FC have some woodfuel supply chain funding, but i dont think this will help with the purchase of processing machinery.

A lot of the grants are closing, but there is still money available in the southeast. I got a 50% of a 4x4 tractor paid for and various friends have had processors, splitters and trailers funded. If you don't ask you don't get!

The grant the Hardwood guys got closed in Feb this year, if there is anything else about could some one pm me details please. I am in East Midlands.

A

Which grant scheme did you apply to?

Was it a forestry spec tractor, as the grants are supposed to specifically exclude payments for manchinery such as tractors, unless they are forestry specific machines?

My tractor simply has a grab on the front that can be used for moving timber, the rest of the tractor is standard agri spec.

My tractor simply has a grab on the front that can be used for moving timber, the rest of the tractor is standard agri spec.

EMDA ( East Mids Dev Agency) site states that they have stopped accepting applications for grant funding as they are being closed by the govt in March 12. Have yet to actually speak to them though.

A