pellenc selion.

WoodED

Is it also suitable for spark-free environments, ie fuel depots, gas terminals etc where sparks are not wanted. I've heard of BP filling stations requesting spark-free equipment. Noise and spark emissions are becoming more important, and I can see more and more of this kind of equipment coming into favour, and I suppose prices may drop slightly if they become more popualr.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All day on one charge- thats fantastic

Cable from backpack to top handle a bit of a pain

use with telescopic- that looked brilliant- keeps the saw combo nice and light and no fumes in your face

Power- a bit of an issue and that was with probably a new chain

Sparks? well that depends on whether some git has driven a nail into the tree or not.

Noise? thats a big plus

Eco- well that depends on whether the battery can be recycled and whether you use 'green' energy to charge it up

All well and good having a long battery life but how long does the chain oil last? One of the most taken for granted designs with modern saws is the fact the oil lasts longer than the petrol in the tanks so you fill the oil when its empty easy, dont fancy having to check every ten minutes to see if im low on oil.

So what about the vid then? Can anyone else see it, all I can see is a blank square?

Some very good points for this type of thing Justin, and as you say it is the way forward and there is niche for them. The speed they catch on may be an issue in my opinion.

I do find it interesting though about it ticking the "spark free" requirement box. I have worked on sites requiring such in the past, yet anyone who has ever used a saw in the dark will know there are many sparks created by a saw in operation and they dont all come from the exhaust:sneaky2:

So what about the vid then? Can anyone else see it, all I can see is a blank square?

Some very good points for this type of thing Justin, and as you say it is the way forward and there is niche for them. The speed they catch on may be an issue in my opinion.

I do find it interesting though about it ticking the "spark free" requirement box. I have worked on sites requiring such in the past, yet anyone who has ever used a saw in the dark will know there are many sparks created by a saw in operation and they dont all come from the exhaust:sneaky2:

a black square with a play button in the middle :sneaky2: