What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Blimey, I started in Ag engineering in the mid 70's, and did not even use whitworth then!!

Just carried the flaming things around for years in the bottom of the tool box, just in case.

Seen plenty of folk try to use spanners that 'sort of fit' though.

:lol::lol::lol: yeah me too. Then they wounder why there open ends are all sprayed open..... Or they slip and they have no knuckles left. :laugh1::laugh1:

I will get some pics up of these tractors. But then by now everyone should know I'm rubbish at getting pics. :laugh1::001_rolleyes:

Blimey, I started in Ag engineering in the mid 70's, and did not even use whitworth then!!.

I have a Whitworth spanner which fits pushbike wheel nuts, 9/16" AF and 14mm. It gets used quite a bit to hold "the other end" :laugh1:

:lol::lol::lol: yeah me too. Then they wounder why there open ends are all sprayed open..... Or they slip and they have no knuckles left. :laugh1::laugh1:

I will get some pics up of these tractors. But then by now everyone should know I'm rubbish at getting pics. :laugh1::001_rolleyes:

You're not rubbish at getting pictures, they're just usually upside down!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Metric is handy and oh so simple. In school, we had to deal with the beginning of metric in UK engineering, Whitworth Coarse & Fine, American Coarse & Fine and others. Most important to know which in order to avoid slips on nuts/bolts. But more important when you had to cut/tap threads to match presented work or odd nuts/bolts. And if you were preparing threads on lathes. It tended to go down badly, if you got setup, only to find you'd mis-identified the thread and or it's pitch.

Metric is handy and oh so simple. In school, we had to deal with the beginning of metric in UK engineering, Whitworth Coarse & Fine, American Coarse & Fine and others. Most important to know which in order to avoid slips on nuts/bolts. But more important when you had to cut/tap threads to match presented work or odd nuts/bolts. And if you were preparing threads on lathes. It tended to go down badly, if you got setup, only to find you'd mis-identified the thread and or it's pitch.

I hated the threads with a serious passion. I didn't really get the hang of it, got it to a point but just didn't get it to a high standard. It was pants. :thumbdown:

got a 056 waiting parts total re build,a 051 awaiting s/h parts to come up ,looking for ex,ex shroud,and a 076 awaiting parts total rebuild.oh and one of my 254xp brake bands gone .so the bench is getting busy.also had a hose burst on my chipper fri then the same on the log splitter sat covering the back window in oil :001_rolleyes:cant wait for monday :lol:

got a 056 waiting parts total re build,a 051 awaiting s/h parts to come up ,looking for ex,ex shroud,and a 076 awaiting parts total rebuild.oh and one of my 254xp brake bands gone .so the bench is getting busy.also had a hose burst on my chipper fri then the same on the log splitter sat covering the back window in oil :001_rolleyes:cant wait for monday :lol:

What part do you need for the 056

What parts do you need for the 051?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App