What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Quickstop, originally saws were fitted with point breakers and condensers, I have the misfortune of having 2 of these! When switched off they can still run on for a few seconds if they have been run for longer periods as they have charge stored in capacitors. The quickstop is our modern coils, where the coil produces enough power to spark immediately, and is also earthed immediately, so it stopped quick. I actually need to get my nan to show me how points work...

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

that's interesting , I assumed quickstop referred to having a chain brake fitted. - cheers eddy - did you post it by the way?

On newer saws, the trigger unit and sometimes a retard/advance unit is built in to the coil itself, basically it takes the HT generated by the coil and unleashes it to create a spark at the correct time in regards to the position of the piston - around 20 degrees before TDC!

Older saws and strimmers etc have a seperate little "Can" module that looks after this - your 011 is one of these saws!

aha..... cheers Spud

that's interesting , I assumed quickstop referred to having a chain brake fitted. - cheers eddy - did you post it by the way?

No, was busy and forgot, will do today

Haha my mistake, you're right, it's the E that means no points

Edited by Eddy_t

Stuck my contra 090 back together today to run it in tomorrow, as the plug is in a different place, I'll have to run it without a cover

Forgot a pic

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1375819274.001362.jpg.e6bd35367b7cf6b350fa8b4ac7835e22.jpg

The KM130R that was in the workshop has been condemned to the skip as the engine isn't financially repairable. It appears the top ring on the piston as some point had a burr and the burr has scored the bore to hell. The engine was only just producing enough PSI to fire. Over time its has overheated and weakened the inlet valve which has dropped and been pushed into the top of the casing just to the right of the spark plug. Will see if i can get hold of it and get pics of it as it looks rather impressive.

On another note our DR has gone in for a tensioner pulley arm bearing as that let go this afternoon.

Got a MS441 in for various faults, top rear handle cover damaged, throttle lock not working, worn rim drive, bolt missing on top AV mount, thread gone and bolt missing from the exhaust, decomp valve bent etc

The owner wants a muffler mod so have done this and got the parts on order.

Also got a very clean Husqvarna 350 in, the idle is up and down and starting an issue when hot.

Will do the usual and am thinking it is just the L screw being a little lean but will see very soon.

DSCF0930.jpg.dc5b9c29d198c0235e4897b389e4bef4.jpg

1.jpg.013c0db6ab40b4e67492c31861b85d2f.jpg

I have made some dogs for my 351.

Did try the 357 but i didn't like the dogs, they didn't dig in enought for my liking so I made some that have some kick ass spikes on them.

Digs in lovely now.

Got a strimmer to look at and a makita hedge cutter with a broken pull cord spring. I think as I havnt had it apart yet to look at it.