What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Yeah yeah yeah. Still not man enough husky.

Just one of those things. Pick it up and just don't like it. :001_tt2::biggrin:

Anyway. Busy busy busy.

Today I have a Flymo mower in. Not driving.

A stihl combi tool. Chainsaw attachment chain keeps jumping off.

Two Makita chainsaws. Not running. Havnt been started in two years, so have a guess what that is.

And a stihl chainsaw. Not running.

Also got two hedgecutters coming in, have to collect these on way home. One broken pull cord. Other not running right.

Combi tool I'm guessing loose chain or FUBAR bar n chain

What's the stihl saw model?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Ok. Been burning the midnight oil. Need to clear some time tomoz for my boys school sports day.

So first up the combi tool. It looked too new to be anything major. Took the oil cap off and the oil tank was bone dry. Didn't even have a smear of oil in it.

Filled it and away it went. Chain is now oiled and working fine.

Someone forgot that these things do actually need chain oil in them.........

image.jpg.b3526079dae8c2ac00aa79c99c5b1b5e.jpg

I have a 200t thats usually ok... but every now and again when dangling it starts to rev up higher than normal idle.... carry on using it and its fine... runs like normal...

Whats the deal there? Done it a couple of times but other wise is spot on, plenty of punch

lol no it certainly wasn't ;) i know what a 200t sounds like

Is there a little black sponge behind the air filter. On the black part covering the air intake behind air filter?

Next up on my list.

A husky. It says on the side 266 and under that its either 56 or 5g hard to make out. The engine runs fine no problems there. But....

The chain break wasn't working, on taking it apart its just not there. No band nothing. So a question. Are these available? Also may need a break lever as this on has snapped, could weld it up.

If this part isn't available has anyone got a replacement. Obviously under some payment for it.

Oh and the chain adjuster is also missing.

image.jpg.9e12ae0a62c76afb7c94e0e6069e6257.jpg

Low on fuel? :001_smile:

That is very possible - worth checking next time it happens - probably the filter is sitting out of the fuel a bit and dragging up air instead of fuel making it rev up.

If it isnt that then it could be a number of carb issues or a slight air leak - just depends if it does it when level as well!

Ok so next up is the makita. Dcs400, hasn't been run for about two years.

Put some fuel in and after some pulling and coughing and spluttering it fired into life, runs well.

But.

This one has a knackerd drum brake band. So knackerd its not engaging the drum and stopping the chain. What a pig of a cover to get back on aswell.

So where to get makita parts...

image.jpg.21348b83d0440dce841fe2d26e1aa0a9.jpg

Is there a little black sponge behind the air filter. On the black part covering the air intake behind air filter?

Next up on my list.

A husky. It says on the side 266 and under that its either 56 or 5g hard to make out. The engine runs fine no problems there. But....

The chain break wasn't working, on taking it apart its just not there. No band nothing. So a question. Are these available? Also may need a break lever as this on has snapped, could weld it up.

If this part isn't available has anyone got a replacement. Obviously under some payment for it.

Oh and the chain adjuster is also missing.

That will be a 266 SG then - it must have heated handles if it is an SG - the SE didn't.

Brake bands - part No - 501 83 02-01 shares the same part as the Husky 61 - at least you have a bit of quality in your workshop at long last - think you need a second hand one:thumbup:

Ok spud. Will have a search for one.

And the next part is the two hedge cutters. These are really simple :lol:

The first is a mcrapock. Pull the starter and its jumping. So not pulling the engine but making a really nice grinding sound. Tightened the top cover down and its fine.. So a sharpen and clean.

Next up is one with no name. The owner is a friend, he is not stupid and usually manages to fix his own tools, only calls me when he is really stuck.

Well the pull cord snapped on him, so he decided to pull the assembly off to change it and pulled the plastic bit out without thinking and the spring exploded out. :001_rolleyes: (his wife recently passed away so will let him have this one)

So a question, is there a neat trick to getting these damn :cursing: stupid :cursing: silly :cursing: springs back in. I tried for about half hour and relised it was time to go home.

image.jpg.65c9340acdb11ca0fd1dcafb4fd9ed4d.jpg