What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Here we go again, just brought this from my neighbour for £50.00 I wanted to give him £40 but I lost the toss, it's a non starter.

So at the moment it's on the freezer till I make space on the bench, can't say no to a old tool.

My missis says I'm the old tool for buying all this sh**!

Oh it's a 051AV

Any tips before I open it up:biggrin:

Nice :thumbup:

I have been known to have the odd saw in the kitchen, which is probably worse than yours just being on the freezer.

As Rich says, check for a spark (and try sticking a paperclip in place of the plug to check it's not the plug). If you can get a spark, try taking the top cover and air filter off, then sticking a couple of teaspoonfuls of 2-stroke mix on the flat metal plate underneath and reassembling. If it now runs it tells you it's a fuelling issue.

If you have to get further in to it, taking the metal plate off is achieved by undoing the two bolts on the top and the one at the back underneath, through the hole in the orange casing above the fuel cap. This one is a right PITA to put back in btw.

When reassembling, make sure you pull the throttle trigger as you're fitting the plate back on. If you don't it can get caught the wrong side on the linkage, which is really annoying as you have to strip it back down to move it over.

Alec

Thanks everyone I will give it a try today.as the freezer is in my workshop/shed,and its such a big saw I think the freezer will be annex of the bench. Oh the main problem is that it won't pull over its not seized because it will pull with the spark plug removed there is no decompression button

Anyway I will keep the info coming

Regards Rich

Thanks everyone I will give it a try today.as the freezer is in my workshop/shed,and its such a big saw I think the freezer will be annex of the bench. Oh the main problem is that it won't pull over its not seized because it will pull with the spark plug removed there is no decompression button

Regards Rich

ask Popye for a tin or 2 off spinach :laugh1:

Regards Rich

Easy fix - spark plugs too long :D

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

If you rotate the saw past tdc, then put the plug in and pull the starter, does it turn over until it gets near to tdc and then stop?

Or is there no movement at all?

If it turns over back to tdc it suggests the piston is hitting the plug. If it isn't moving at all then it's not the plug. I suspect it's not hitting the plug, as if it looks used then it has to have worked at some point, and they don't usually grow in use!

If you spin it over with the plug out, holding the plug against the case, do you get a spark?

Alec