What's on your bench today?

spudulike

All three MS200Ts now running, the last one was a bitch, couldn't lean the carb down to bring the revs down despite doing an accelerator pump fix and a damn good clean in the cleaner, a good blast of carb cleaner resolved the issue in the end:thumbup:

Celebrated by cutting the grass and splitting some logs:lol:

I take it the zama carbs on these ms200's give plenty of trouble. I cannot find a crankcase leak on mine but it did seem like it was running lean. High idle then dying out.

There are a number of things that may cause this, if you havent got an Ultrasonic Cleaner - get some carb cleaner, I use Rockwood as it melts most substances known to man, remove the H screw and blast it through in very large amounts - if all is well, you will see it coming out of the brass H speed circuit check valve inside the carb bore.

It is worth doing the same to the L screw but it sounds more like the H speed is playing up.

There are a few other issues that can manifest in these carbs that can cause issues.

Sometimes the crank seals can look OK but if you rotate the crank round or put pressure on the end with your thumb, it can allow air to piss out/in!

Just got an MS230 in with bad fuel leaks, been swapped over to Aspen and using the pressure gauge on it has shown a bad leak around the fuel line where it enters the tank - looks like the petrol has hardened the rubber and the aspen has then contracted it.

It also has a leak around the filler cap so will swap the sealing O ring out as well.

Also got an 064 in for conversion to Aspen, new carb kit and fuel line should do it

The red queue grows longer

[ATTACH]123318[/ATTACH]

Just as well you aren't based near us. Got a BCS flail in a local workshop having an overhaul of the flail deck (cutter bearings, chain check under UV light, gearbox oil change,etc,etc):lol: I can hear them cursing from our base some mornings.