What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I will trade you spud..... Swapsy no returns. :lol:

Got to say I did take a little bit of offence over the incompetence remark bud.

I did put a "LOL" after it - no offence meant:blushing:, I am sure you will sort it in the end and come out richer in experience - it's how we all learn though we can all do without it when busy!

Still can't get my head round the issues you have with it - sounds like a standard carb issue to me but it can't be from what you have done so far!

Well if a new piston doesn't work and I will pressure test and vac test again when I fit it. It will be in the post to you.

Sorry over last remark but its kind of getting to me a bit now. Swore like hell at it earlier. Hence why its now sat aside until new piston turns up. Then I'm going to start from the beginning just incase I missed something. Start over and try again.

Just been called out to a 7.5t lorry that lost all air and brakes locked on. Took some time but got there in the end. Released all air from the dryer filter and let the pressure drop to zero. Bit risky as if the pressure didn't go back up it would need recovering. But the pressure built and away it went. So full service on the air system is in order. I'm guessing abit of crap got sucked into the air control box and blocked it, by releasing the pressure it allowed the crap to drop and clear the lines or valves.

Well if a new piston doesn't work and I will pressure test and vac test again when I fit it. It will be in the post to you.

Sorry over last remark but its kind of getting to me a bit now. Swore like hell at it earlier. Hence why its now sat aside until new piston turns up. Then I'm going to start from the beginning just incase I missed something. Start over and try again.

Just been called out to a 7.5t lorry that lost all air and brakes locked on. Took some time but got there in the end. Released all air from the dryer filter and let the pressure drop to zero. Bit risky as if the pressure didn't go back up it would need recovering. But the pressure built and away it went. So full service on the air system is in order. I'm guessing abit of crap got sucked into the air control box and blocked it, by releasing the pressure it allowed the crap to drop and clear the lines or valves.

I have a set regime with the MS200T and when I had the one with the wrong diaphragm, I was pretty much taken aback, couldn't believe it wouldn't even fire - I now check the diaphragm and is yet another check I do!

You will get there in the end, it is just a case of making sure each part is OK - one thought - have you pulled the flywheel and is the key present and OK? If the ignition timing is out a few degrees, you can get a pretty bad running engine!

Yep flywheel is ok and in place. This check is also to the on ei had before that I forgot to tighten the nut and got very lucky when the flywheel came loose and done no damage. Now I always check and re check it.

Like I said its aside for now and when I strip it to replace the piston I will start from the beginning on the rebuild.

One question I have is the seals I'm using that you use, what way round do you put then in. I'm just second guessing myself a bit here but do you put them writing out or in???

Flywheel, yes. i had one on a brushcutter recently that was spinning on the crank. At times it would catch in just the right place and start and run fine.

At other times it would stick in the wrong place and the thing wold either not start, or backfire.

Then it would be OK again for several starts.

And, Rich's has been off to do the seals. Hope there was no oil on the taper.

But the starting is very consistent. That is what is driving me away from such things as flywheel key etc. it will start on full choke or full revs but die instantly on tickover. As soon as the revs drop it dies. No splutter just die.

Flywheel, yes. i had one on a brushcutter recently that was spinning on the crank. At times it would catch in just the right place and start and run fine.

At other times it would stick in the wrong place and the thing wold either not start, or backfire.

Then it would be OK again for several starts.

And, Rich's has been off to do the seals. Hope there was no oil on the taper.

Had an 028 in once, gave it a big pull to start it ......in the workshop and it gave off the biggest backfire you could imagine - scared the crap out of me and was pretty scared of pulling the starter again - came to the conclusion that the key had sheared after the second blitzkrieg bang:lol: