What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Look at all the broken stihls!lol... how did you get on with jonny's 064??

Jonnys 64:001_rolleyes: it is a MS260:confused1: not oiling - it is now:thumbup: downside is that it has a 0.325 rin on it and a 3/8 chain and bar - he is damn lucky it didnt all let loose and hurt him.

Found out that no one fits 3/8 on MS260 and have offered to fit a decent second hand 0.325 bar and new chain but it is someone elses saw so he is seeking approval for the spend.

Told him I wasn't going to refit the bar and chain as it is dangerous and gave him the options. I said he should have a chat to you about it - he doesn't know me from Adam but I think he got the message and thankfully, knew the chain wasn't turning well - will show him what I am talking about when he picks it up - don't think he knows much about saws

Oh - the two stroke drill - bunged up spark arrestor....whose the daddy:thumbup:

You can get a good used 024/026 tank off ebay for £24.50 not including delivery. You would have to modify the tank vent and more than likely get a different fuel hose though as it is from an earlier version.

The two stroke drill looks to be a BT 45. Shares exactly the same engine as equipment from many of Stihl's ranges including; BG, FC, FS, HL, HS and others.

Pretty sure it has a spark arresting screen which can clog, both UK and US versions. Also similar to the MS200T (and many other models) it has an accelerator pump on the carb...

The tank isn't off a 026 otherwise I would have taken a second user one and used this, it is now repaired and happy it is probably stronger then the original with everything lining up.

Thanks for the help but was convinced it was an exhaust blockage - you get a bit of an instinct or hunch on these these faults after a while - all becomes second nature.....ever heard a chainsaw in the distance and thought - "could rev a little higher":lol:

The drill is a BT45 -quite right there, the cleaned arrestor is as pictured, just about to refit and tune the carb. It was completely bunged up and have burnt the crap out of the exhaust as well.

P1030725.jpg.79427e6bd9a225aa3f7fa33d3cfa9388.jpg

P1030726.jpg.d717c60a3b845ab0f3c56d07433a35b9.jpg

P1030724.jpg.b1ed5c8977ef48b03a35ca5ec89a3ee3.jpg

Really?? last time I looked in that shed it was an 064 looks like some one has pulled or tryed to the wool over the eyes of the owner!,I know exactly what it is or supposed to be I will be having words and explains why the wrong bar is on it as I know the previous owners who brought it from new. it can only be one person and I dislike the so called landscaper wanna be tree surgeon any way.

I am really confused now - all I know is I have a fixed MS260 with a fully functioning oiler that someone:confused1: has put a 18" Stihl 3/8 bar and chain on but it has a new 0.325 rim on it - do you reckon the bar came off the 064?

If it helps - I will stick it on ebay - gotta be worth £250:lol:

Dont want to get anyone in to trouble - just fixing what comes in and this one came in!

Yes definietly it was a nearly new 64, the guy brought it with a 18 and a big bar for trees that blew over in there wood it was inherited by the new owner of the property, there is another guy as well as Jonny who works there it's obvious the other guy who's a landscaper who swapped it for the 26... Could of been no one else!! I can't prove that though but i will have a word with Jonny to ask him to swap it back quietly.... An open forums probably not the place to talk about this though!

:confused1:

024 and 026 saws of the same age share the same tank...

Yup, I know that fact as I have three 024s, two 026s another in a box in bits and have an 026 and a MS260 in for repair - this saw isn't a 026, an 024, a MS260 or MS240 - it isn't the 026 with the grey sludge in it or the MS260 with the oiler - been multi tasking with different saws and a drill, difficult as I am not a female but I do my best camping it up in the man cave:lol::lol:

Think you saw my earlier posting - the 026 isn't the one with the busted tank - pleased with the result though and am sure the owner will be - don't like to let everyone know whose saws they are unless they are happy to pass comment!

Didn't pay much attention to the pic, just followed on after you were talking about the 026 :laugh1:

I see the motivation in trying to mend the tank now seeing as it is off an MS880 (or MS780). :thumbup: £80 excl VAT is quite cheap by MS880 standards though. (I'm assuming it is pre 2009 model, if newer then £105 excl VAT)

Yup - it's a big bugger and has either been dropped out of a tree or had a tree dropped on it - the handle needed straightning up - wasn't too easy even for a 6'2" 15 stone gorilla like me - nearly ripped the vice off the bench:lol:

Pleased with the result though, all parts lined up, fixed with a couple of pins and JB weld then the drilled steel plate fitted, fixed in place with more JB weld and self tappers - don't think it is going anywhere and will save the owner a fair bit of cash.:thumbup: