What's on your bench today?

spudulike

This is why i always use a piece of starter rope, or it gets costly.

Thats a bad one, looks like one of those metal spark plug stops has been used on a .......Husqvarna?? Best only used on old machines where the plug hole is at the very top of the combustion chamber - even then I don't like them!

I have found the Stihl dog bone plastic one to be damn good, you wedge it down the plug hole between the piston edge and squish band - I use rope on the real difficult ones and if used correctly, gives good support to the piston and spreads the load well - just keep it clear of the exhaust port!

5976673e17eb0_DamagedPistonCrown.JPG.16af2b2418c1256db9a0458b986099e7.JPG

Ms200ts, two of them have gone back to customer. One of the others is not turning off on the off switch, the wires are all good, tested them with the tester.

Connections are all good with the trigger mech. And the earth is good.

So it really only leaves a coil fault. But customer doesn't want to replace it as the saw runs sweet.

Ms260 piston arrived today, ordered them on Friday (meteor) and was waiting for me at home.

Two ride ons have arrived, one service and one is having trouble starting. Tomorrow's jobs.

Oh and I must apologise Barrie. By the time I got to the bank and sorted it it was closing time. Will call Tommorow.

Ms200ts, two of them have gone back to customer. One of the others is not turning off on the off switch, the wires are all good, tested them with the tester.

Connections are all good with the trigger mech. And the earth is good.

So it really only leaves a coil fault. But customer doesn't want to replace it as the saw runs sweet.

Ms260 piston arrived today, ordered them on Friday (meteor) and was waiting for me at home.

Two ride ons have arrived, one service and one is having trouble starting. Tomorrow's jobs.

Oh and I must apologise Barrie. By the time I got to the bank and sorted it it was closing time. Will call Tommorow.

Humour me Rich - go back to the earth wire where it joins the crimp connector that bolts to the top of the crankcase, hold the wire and pull on the connector, the wire often looks perfect, can measure out OK but the internal wire is fractured - you can normally tell as it is a bit limp just as it joins the connector - if you know what I mean:blushing:

Good luck bud

Humour me Rich - go back to the earth wire where it joins the crimp connector that bolts to the top of the crankcase, hold the wire and pull on the connector, the wire often looks perfect, can measure out OK but the internal wire is fractured - you can normally tell as it is a bit limp just as it joins the connector - if you know what I mean:blushing:

Good luck bud

Ok. I can just replace this wire. Would be a lot easier I guess. Got enough of it kicking around, got given a 100ft reel of the earth wire the other day.:thumbup1: