What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Tached the 395XP today - all fine as were the two MS200Ts. One rebuild/port and the other with poor pick up and bogging in the mid range - turned out to be accelerator pump issues as cleanng it made it a lot worse. Funnily enough, the idle was perfect!

Got to say the 395XP sounds great:thumbup:

All fine now - boxed and ready to be sent out.

Got the 036 piston to fit and test and then another MS200T to do over the weekend - Think it was a Neil Young album that was called "Rust Never Sleeps" - should have been "Spud Never Sleeps":lol:

I think it's 12k, but I'll check later in the manual. Pm me if I haven't answered by later tonight since I'll have forgotten!

I can email you the manual and IPL if it helps...

Ah, it's actually 12.5k.

PM me if you want the manual/IPL.

Anybody have any opinions regarding aftermarket cylinders for a 262xp?

I have no original, so cleaning isn't an option (the 026 I cleaned recently with much help from here worked brilliantly!).

I've got an Episan piston ready to go.

Currently there's a 'PowerTec' cylinder installed (I think that's what GHS sells, and probably others).

Are there any aftermarket cylinders equivalent to your Episan/Meteor pistons, or are they all a totally unknown quantity?

Any opinions gratefully received!

:thumbup1:

I don't have a preference on cylinders. It's pistons I worry about.

Don't buy cheap of the cheap is always a good one.

One ms200t returned to a happy customer. Now one mount field mower with a sheared bolt form the blade to sort. Nothing left to get hold of so the drills and extractors are coming out of retirement.

Also a ride on mower coming in soon. Lacking power. Will go on flat no problem. Get it on a slope or incline and it dies out. Doesn't matter of working or just driving will die out. Customer wants it sorted as his garden is on a slope.

And then there's a Kawasaki strimmer to tend to. The one from earlier. Run fine then started to play up again. So stripped it down and the crank seals had started to move away from crankshaft. Pushed them back in but going to replace.

Anybody have any opinions regarding aftermarket cylinders for a 262xp?

I have no original, so cleaning isn't an option (the 026 I cleaned recently with much help from here worked brilliantly!).

I've got an Episan piston ready to go.

Currently there's a 'PowerTec' cylinder installed (I think that's what GHS sells, and probably others).

Are there any aftermarket cylinders equivalent to your Episan/Meteor pistons, or are they all a totally unknown quantity?

Any opinions gratefully received!

:thumbup1:

Tesgol on eBay sells a 262 cylinder, though its part of a kit

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Its very strange to shear a woodruff key. There is always some form of 'give' in a blade mounting, usually an ally boss with shear pegs, or some kind of friction discs.

A broken mounting bolt is usually a sign that it has been over tightened. They are however not usually too difficult to remove. You can often tap them round with a centre punch until there is enough to get hold of.

There are, of course, always exceptions.

Well that was my thought. But then I don't get the advantage of having it before hand to see. Just clean up the mess,

It has an alloy boss that the blade bolt goes throught before going into engine. This key has gone. Not sure the key broke its only missing, so may have come off when blade did and is in the grass somewhere. The boss still has the shear pegs on it. It may be that the owner had the blade off and sheard the bolt putting it on.

Anyway my job is to remove broken bolt. And replace both key and new bolt. Just glad the bolt went before the flywheel did.