What's on your bench today?

spudulike

MS200T just rebuilt for a chappie in Wales - last fault found - a hole blown in to the pumping membrane flap - seen this one a few times now!

FIxed Alec AGG221 dodgy Stihl 026, initially had done a pressure/vac check and a carb tune but still wouldnt pull although it seemed OK when I handed it back:blushing:

The plug lead needed sorting as there was lack of continuity on it. I then tried cutting with it and seemed OK for a bit but then started dying and playing up, tried a couple of settings on the L screw and once I leaned it right up and richened up the H screw, it all came alive and works fine.

Gave it some abuse with a lot of noodling as can be seen and works just fine now:thumbup:

Is it just me or are these 024/026 a right pain on carb adjustment - very finiky and a right PITA to ge right - seems to be on older carbs!

IMG_00000003.jpg.117027bbedb79f13aa8ba54643c4f7e9.jpg

DSCF0538.jpg.a39d604701bb0ad10d1660fcd43d2b63.jpg

Started work on a Husqvarna 395XP, it has a bit of a stumble on running sometimes.

Repalcing a few screws that are missing, re-tapped a couple of holes, helicoiled another, replaced a screw missing on the carb cover - 13 year old saw:001_rolleyes:

Carb in the US cleaner, replaced and rebuilt the HT lead which is good now.

Just need to take a look at the clutch, pressure/vac check and then do a final run up and tach tune.

Should be fine after this!

Almost forgot - rebuilt the kill switch wiring - didn't work but does now!

DSCF0541.jpg.4fa08e7d6ada8d10debb204e444ce24d.jpg

DSCF0540.jpg.1eb07bcf784e76e182035da219417301.jpg

MS200T just rebuilt for a chappie in Wales - last fault found - a hole blown in to the pumping membrane flap - seen this one a few times now!

FIxed Alec AGG221 dodgy Stihl 026, initially had done a pressure/vac check and a carb tune but still wouldnt pull although it seemed OK when I handed it back:blushing:

The plug lead needed sorting as there was lack of continuity on it. I then tried cutting with it and seemed OK for a bit but then started dying and playing up, tried a couple of settings on the L screw and once I leaned it right up and richened up the H screw, it all came alive and works fine.

Gave it some abuse with a lot of noodling as can be seen and works just fine now:thumbup:

Is it just me or are these 024/026 a right pain on carb adjustment - very finiky and a right PITA to ge right - seems to be on older carbs!

Oh there a pain alright. Just have to get a knack to it. :lol: or throw them around a bit... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

No div-h I didn't do this to yours....:thumbup1::001_tongue:

Started work on a Husqvarna 395XP, it has a bit of a stumble on running sometimes.

Repalcing a few screws that are missing, re-tapped a couple of holes, helicoiled another, replaced a screw missing on the carb cover - 13 year old saw:001_rolleyes:

Carb in the US cleaner, replaced and rebuilt the HT lead which is good now.

Just need to take a look at the clutch, pressure/vac check and then do a final run up and tach tune.

Should be fine after this!

Almost forgot - rebuilt the kill switch wiring - didn't work but does now!

What was wrong with the HT lead spud and do they just screw in on huskys?

I bought some 7mm ht lead recently just in case - is that the size to go for?

What was wrong with the HT lead spud and do they just screw in on huskys?

I bought some 7mm ht lead recently just in case - is that the size to go for?

It is the small spring spur that sits inside the plug cap not pushing through the HT wires and making contact. You still get a spark because the HT will jump 5mm + but can cause a few issues and something I pick up on when doing an all in problematic machine.

Some Huskys are sealed in - most of the new ones are but I have fixed them in the past, this one was screw in and 7mm HT is useless on small kit like this, it must be 5mm.....sorry:blushing:

One for the bin:lol:

Ive used this ebay seller and never had a problem until my last purchase where clearly they had been sent out and made the u.k but not me. Despite emailing them I had no reply and had to do the resolution process through ebay and had money refunded. this week. As said never had an issue before with them and probably a one off.