What's on your bench today?

spudulike

If it gets the job done Rich, no worries, send it up, I am sure I will get it sorted pretty quick and back to you....:thumbup:

What and listen to you gloating and your head getting bigger... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I think not. :001_tt2::001_tt2:

Ok so if I truely get stuck and Barrie can't help its coming to you.

Working on d a tree surgeons tipper today. One of the bearings on the prop shaft had disintegrated. Took it apart but could get the shaft apart. Used a 12t puller in the end. What a pig of a job. Also started welding up the step and footwell. As there is nothing left of it.

I'm sure some of the French arbs could help with parts for these vans. Renault b120 there called. Big in France aparantly.

Non-running Sachs Dolmar 100. New fuel line and filter as a starter for 10. Had her running with a squirt down the carb - pulled fuel line out to find a cracked bodged pipe join. Carb US cleaned - very varnicised. Back together tonight to see if we have lift off.

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6612-phonepics.jpg

Rich, just wind up the recoil spring away from the machine. Hold it tight between a thumb and forefinger and pull it tight. Wrap a few more coils and pull it again.

When its tight,and also a smaller diameter than the housing, pinch the coiled spring together with some long nose pliers and insert it into the housing. Hold it firmly in place and release the pliers. It will expand into the housing.

And, by the way, I am a main Stiga dealer, but I am on holiday, so no help there until next week, sorry.

the easy way to put a recoil spring in

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cBt5Iw43gw]EZ-Coil Spring Winder Tool - YouTube[/ame]

midland power have this tool for sale

Non-running Sachs Dolmar 100. New fuel line and filter as a starter for 10. Had her running with a squirt down the carb - pulled fuel line out to find a cracked bodged pipe join. Carb US cleaned - very varnicised. Back together tonight to see if we have lift off.

mikerecike-albums-mikespics-picture6612-phonepics.jpg

"Varnicised" ...you making up words:confused1::lol::lol:

Oh - if it doesn't run then let me know as I had one and found out a small flaw in it's design!

"Varnicised" ...you making up words:confused1::lol::lol:

Oh - if it doesn't run then let me know as I had one and found out a small flaw in it's design!

aha - I really wasn't sure if I was winging it there - seems I was!:blushing::thumbup:

Okey doke will take you up on that - cheers spud

one thing i do want to know though is how does the fuel tank vent? a bit of intuition (& a first stage varnicised tongue from a mouth full of petrol) is giving me the impression it's not venting right??

aha - I really wasn't sure if I was winging it there - seems I was!:blushing::thumbup:

Okey doke will take you up on that - cheers spud

one thing i do want to know though is how does the fuel tank vent? a bit of intuition (& a first stage varnicised tongue from a mouth full of petrol) is giving me the impression it's not venting right??

And that is where my tip lays - had one of these some time ago and it just wouldn't start but would with the fuel cap loose - had the same thoughts as you and found a novel way round it.

See how you get on and I will point you in the right direction if it does the same as the one I had!