What's on your bench today?

spudulike

sorry i no iv posted these pic before sorry

but a member wanted to no how i put a 026 pot on a 024

i turned the base of the 026 pot so all the ports where the same hieght as the old 024 pot i had was

worked out ritght so i turned the base off

as the dark lord told me when i started it would be alot of work and didnt think it would work and was not worth the time

in them days i had the time and was not worried

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9AWIMFjvlE&list=UUoBfRiiQTembalglJKJlVgA&index=33]stihl 026 pot part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

024 is now a 026:lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BthVIhXy9No&list=UUoBfRiiQTembalglJKJlVgA&index=18]stihl 024 av - YouTube[/ame]

IMG_0213.jpg.f98377437b1e39c445150970b58b2d34.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg.241173670085d3ed9ab7303d82394c8f.jpg

I received an email from him this evening and he was wasnt aware of any faults or that the numbers were missing but he did refund £50 of the purchase price. That will help a bit.

Anyone have a used OEM piston and cylinder knocking about? Will an MS 260 top end interchange?

I would have pushed a bit harder. You've basically paid £110 for a stolen, shagged out saw. :thumbdown:

Well come in from lifeboat and now have two machines awaiting for me....

On is a bg75 blower. Was working and then stopped dead. Won't pull on starter. So suspect seizure, took the pull start off and used a socket. It turned but was very hard.

So thinking its seized started to pull the engine out. Got the covers off and the engine was loose inside. The screws holding the engine in place had worked loose causing it to move around inside wearing the fan against the plastics. Now looking at either new plastics or sorting it so it doesn't move around. See if some spacers will bring the fan away from the plastic enough so it will work again, the customer wasn't interested in spending a lot on it as its old.

See if I can work some magic.

image.jpg.8d555898432c6f0bc294690f9e712906.jpg

A question of rather husky fans,

The hedge cutter above has a plastic white part on the pull start. Sorry the name eludes me.

It is missing on the metal parts of the flywheel. Are these set right. Does it every now and again. It's a new part on there. Just wearing it away and missing....

See next post for pic of flywheel:thumbup1:

image.jpg.0462eb5354a54f87a374c5f0c30b3a34.jpg

It is the small spring spur that sits inside the plug cap not pushing through the HT wires and making contact. You still get a spark because the HT will jump 5mm + but can cause a few issues and something I pick up on when doing an all in problematic machine.

Some Huskys are sealed in - most of the new ones are but I have fixed them in the past, this one was screw in and 7mm HT is useless on small kit like this, it must be 5mm.....sorry:blushing:

One for the bin:lol:

gotcha spud cheers - i never feel totally comfortable that i'm actually hitting the wire in the middle of the ht lead with that little spring - is there a trick?

Heres a couple of snaps of the ms240 cylinder I mentioned in an earlier post. Does anyone think this is salvageable. I have never tried to clean up a cylinder before and wouldnt have the first clue how to other than it involves acid. I have always tried to source used or aftermarket cylinders but as I wish to keep this saw for my own use I would prefer to keep the OEM cylinder.

Exhaust side

IMG_0659_zpsafe0a0ff.jpg

Intake side

IMG_0658_zps2e84cbf9.jpg

Rich, that rope rotor looks warn but cant really see in the pic, are the two pawls on the flywheel free? they dont look in the right position to me. the springs do wear and get muck stuck in them, pop the flywheel off and you can tap the pins out holding them in and give all the bits a good clean and oil.

Edited by Ray1
spelling