What's on your bench today?

spudulike

One of the two MS200Ts had a bad thread on the exhaust so rather than stick it back as is, drilled, tapped and inserted a new helicoil with a smear of high temp bearing lock:thumbup:

I have also had around three of the six MS200Ts I have recently done have the throttle lock not working - the reason is the spring is on the wrong side of the throttle lock as in the pic:001_rolleyes:

Lastly, got a Stihl hedge trimmer in for poor idle, stripped the carb and put it in the US cleaner, reset it and sharpened the blades, purrs like a kitten:lol:

597662103456c_MS200Tthrottlelock.JPG.828d5c44b1244600f692d151d2a76ca6.JPG

5976621030662_Helicoilfinished.JPG.46c83fe4e7537bfcea8e6df59a90e1ea.JPG

597662102c35d_Helicoil1.JPG.18218250c848bcbbf2a318d360bd7fce.JPG

That will be the one I dropped 30 feet onto concrete then!

Good stuff, cheers Steve!

Well that diaphragm even gave me self doubt, after I have had one of these apart and done all I know to be good, it is almost definite that the saw will fire and to have it sit there wearing me out wasn't good.

Great feeling nailing it and that compression........and a muffler mod......it is going to fly:thumbup:

Busy weekend, been doing a bit of ground maintenance down at the village church, they wanted volunteers and there you go, hacking at nettles with a scythe because my poxy McCuloch strimmer let me down - fecking thing!!

You want to send that down to Garden Kit, I hear he's good at fixing small engines. :001_tt2::001_tt2::laugh1:

Busy weekend, been doing a bit of ground maintenance down at the village church, they wanted volunteers and there you go, hacking at nettles with a scythe because my poxy McCuloch strimmer let me down - fecking thing!!

You want to send that down to Garden Kit, I hear he's good at fixing small engines. :001_tt2::001_tt2::laugh1:

:lol::lol::lol:

If you can describe what is happening with it I'm sure there are some that can help diagnose the problem.:thumbup:

Yep, can even diagnose the problem, and the cost.

£245 will get you a machine as good as new, well actually a new machine.

BIN IT:lol:

Of course, that will be like a red rag to a bull, Spud will fix it and post loads of pictures showing us how he did it.

i still say BIN IT.:lol:

One for spud and the 357xp owners. Rather than start I new thread I thought it best to slip in here.

357 underneath where the front loop handle screws in with 2 allen socket bolts, my saw has started to flex because 1 bolt is into alloy casting and the other is in plastic.

If I turn saw upside down and push on both handles with bar tip against something I get 5mm of flex difference. I take it I need to replace the fuel tank housing complete unit or mess splitting it and replacing the plastic half, any pointers?

I would post pics but my 2005 black macbook on snow leopard is not recognising usb ports.:rolleyes:

I think I know what you mean; does it almost look like the plastic has split along the join and the short bit just in front that the AV spring is attached to, is moving?

If so, every 357 I've used/owned/seen does it after a while. It doesn't seem to get any worse and I've never known one snap. I've looked about at different huskies with a similar looking tank/handle and they are all slightly different and don't seem to suffer the same.