What's on your bench today?

spudulike

This afternoons first job was the 024 which would not suck the petrol through. Cleaned the gauze, but no luck, so I pressure tested the carb, which revealed a holed fuel pick up. Then, just for luck i decided to pressure/vac test the crank, which was spot on. Not bad for a 13yr old saw. Compression good too at 150 psi. The new pick up hose arrives tomorrow, so it should be going by teatime.

P1000563.jpg.e097e30d394f2f120e5655a4487effd9.jpg

P1000564.jpg.6fe46540fc5f3fc9265dbbfc0987bc80.jpg

P1000566.jpg.8de0e15d658eee3726f9ac14ea6e1466.jpg

Last job of the day were 2 saws from one owner which would not start.

The reason?

They had been filled with 50:1 DIESEL!

They smoked out half of East Devon, but they are fine now

Just wondered if anyone can help me. I'm stuck a bit and wondering if this is possible...

The boss cut half his index finger off on his right hand. This isn't a big problem as he can climb and work expet using the 200t. What's left of the finger is running along the top handle and when he tilts the saw back it hits the control switch and hocks it to the off position, big problem when de limbing as he has been halfway through a cut.

I was looking at the switch today and trying to rack ideas round my head but no lightbulb has been lit yet.

So to the engineers and techies could it be done so the switch couldn't be knocked off by the stump but still be easier to use.

The other option is the new husky top handle but I can't find any pics of it that give a close look at the switch.

Just thought I would throw it out there and see if I can rack anyone else's brain.

Its a bit risky to modify any machinery away from the the way it was made and CE plated. I guess an owner can do it for themselves as long as only they use it.

Any dealer subsequently working on the machine would be duty bound to revert it to standard before it was returned to the owner.

Its a bit risky to modify any machinery away from the the way it was made and CE plated. I guess an owner can do it for themselves as long as only they use it.

Any dealer subsequently working on the machine would be duty bound to revert it to standard before it was returned to the owner.

Yeah that was my first thought. It's the bosses and only he uses it. I couldn't see a way to do it.

Looked into the husky top handles and they have the switch sort of burried into the handle out the way. Will have to look into getting one of those instead. Means moving over to the dark side. :biggrin:

Just makes me a bit nervous when he's dropping lumps out and the saw stops halfway through. Especially when lowering on the ropes.

How long since he lost his most useful digit?

If its not long, then he is still holding it in unnatural positions. As time goes on he will put the stump where he would have had it when intact, so it wont be along the top of the handle but down beside the new trigger finger.

How long since he lost his most useful digit?

If its not long, then he is still holding it in unnatural positions. As time goes on he will put the stump where he would have had it when intact, so it wont be along the top of the handle but down beside the new trigger finger.

About a month and a bit. Will just tell him to man up and get on with it. :laugh1:

He will probably be along in a min as he has finally joined the site last night, I'm sure he will post a few pics about what I do aswell. :blushing:

To be honest Rich, 6 weeks is a little soon. He will be holding it carefully as the tip will still be very tender, and the scar tissue will be very thin still and easily damaged. He probably should keep to the ground for a bit longer, and be the bigger man for doing so.

To be honest Rich, 6 weeks is a little soon. He will be holding it carefully as the tip will still be very tender, and the scar tissue will be very thin still and easily damaged. He probably should keep to the ground for a bit longer, and be the bigger man for doing so.

I will let you tell him that one. :lol:

The saw will stay as it is for now. It was more curiosity than anything. Just so I could take the mick and say he has a disabled persons saw. :lol::lol:

It's was my mind playing the engineer again by looking at how something could be modded to work for the user. But on this one it will stay as it is. And any mods will remain theoretical. :thumbup1:

I will let you tell him that one. :lol:

The saw will stay as it is for now. It was more curiosity than anything. Just so I could take the mick and say he has a disabled persons saw. :lol::lol:

It's was my mind playing the engineer again by looking at how something could be modded to work for the user. But on this one it will stay as it is. And any mods will remain theoretical. :thumbup1:

You may be able to disable the factory off switch and put in another - not sure where it would go and would need an appropriate cavity to fit it in.

Think many operators are running their saws without the black wire attached to the top handle on their saws and using the choke instead:001_rolleyes:

You may be able to disable the factory off switch and put in another - not sure where it would go and would need an appropriate cavity to fit it in.

Think many operators are running their saws without the black wire attached to the top handle on their saws and using the choke instead:001_rolleyes:

This did cross my mind but as the rolling eyes state. :001_rolleyes:

Doing that mod will make a top handle dangerous IMO. Seeing as it would need revving up to choke. But then that is obvious so I will stop thinking out loud now. :001_smile:

Did think about putting a push stop switch on the opposite side of the handle...