What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Why by private message?

Because I have been having a long dialogue about a saw I sold to him that needed some tweaking and wanted to pass on some info specifically to him.

Don't worry, we weren't talking about you:001_tt2:

Think I said the blower should have a gasket as you can see the impression of where it was, told him there was a carb on ebay for £15 and that I would remove the spring to fix the carb plus gave some advice on how to clean the cylinder and brought him up to date on his saw - nothing more inclandestine than that - I will now have to kill everyone who reads this:lol:

Oh - I also said that an aftermarket P&C for the blower may be difficult to find.

Feel free to add anything you may like - been wondering where you have been hiding:laugh1:

...:biggrin:

Ash;

357XP

-Does it have either of the autodecompression or plastic boot clamp?

-Cylinder might clean up and be usable, won't know until you try. Use caustic soda or hydrochloric acid to eat off the aluminium. Wear face protection, well ventilated area, gloves etc. I use a synthetic paint brush to apply. Wet and dry paper to finish.

-Spring can be relatively easily replaced. Will have to remove the throttle shaft though which means the throttle plate also. When you remove the screw for the throttle plate watch that it doesn't strip the threads out of the throttle shaft as the end of the screw is splayed out, to stop it undoing. Similarly on reinstallation use loctite on the screw.

-Find the IPl here;

Download Manuals - Husqvarna Forest Equipment Operation Manuals

BG85

- Did you remove the circlip or is that missing also? Looks like someone tore it down and then decided it wasn't worth fixing? Hence the missing ring and gasket.

-Hard to tell about the cylinder with just a picture. It looks like the coating is starting to wear away. Has part of it has chipped off near the lower right transfer in your picture? Think I know where you could get a used OEM P+C for £35.

-Breaking the flyhweel fins off the opposite side won't properly balance it but you might get away with it for a short while. Flywheel about £20 off ebay.

-The rust on the bearings isn't good news, again hard to tell from the picture.

-I can send you the parts list.

IMO you would be better off selling the blower and using the money toward the 357

Whats NOT on my bench today!!

The garden tractor which WAS on my bench(ramp) with the engine running whilst tuning carb, jumped into gear and shot off the ramp. It landed on its nose and flipped over to end up upside down across two other parked tractors!!

Amazingly there were only a few bent levers and a bent seat to sort out and 30 minutes later the tractor was back on the bench no worse for the experience.:biggrin:

Whats NOT on my bench today!!

The garden tractor which WAS on my bench(ramp) with the engine running whilst tuning carb, jumped into gear and shot off the ramp. It landed on its nose and flipped over to end up upside down across two other parked tractors!!

Amazingly there were only a few bent levers and a bent seat to sort out and 30 minutes later the tractor was back on the bench no worse for the experience.:biggrin:

Lucky you didn't take something out or hurt yourself:001_rolleyes: Hope it is running OK now!

I recently serviced a lawnmower for someone my wife knows, the message from the misses was the choke was a problem and on starting it, it would only run on choke so stripped the carb before the owner came round and then said the clutch was the problem. By then, the mower was running much better but the drive wasn't:001_rolleyes:

Fixed the clutch (broken actuator arm) and handed it back and the owner still wouldn't have it that the mower choke wasn't right. Anyway, he comes round today and says when he first used it, it nearly pulled his arms out of their sockets as he wasn't used to it producing so much power:001_rolleyes::lol: Spud 1 customer 0....right as normal!

Been hassled by a guy I know for a Stihl blower so picked one up and gave it a good farm out today - he should be happy, good comp and runs and idles perfectly.

Started work on a MS200T today, one of mine and typically full of oil and chip - this is generally what these machines look like after a few years use!

Gave the saw a quick run up before stripping and I needed to richen up both H&L screws to run properly so was surprised that the carb boot was perfect - just hope the crank seals are OK!

P1030919.JPG.99ef3754d7d30d35275f572a10f24143.JPG

P1030920.JPG.a2dfdc52d7dbe07c0a67dd4f02d7cffb.JPG

I had an ms200t in today with reported carb problems. it did seem like fuel starvation as it would start normally, rev for just 1 or 2 seconds and then die.

I first checked the fuel pickup hose, put it under vac and pressure, but it was fine even when stretched.

Second, I removed , cleaned and re-kitted carb, but still the same. I undid the rear av so I could lift the air box and get a peep at the manifold with a pencil beam , but that looked ok.

Now it wont start at all, must admit to being a bit baffled so had a cuppa.

With a fresh approach, and without the determination that its a fuel problem I hooked up the spark tester and guess what? No spark.

Fitted new coil and tried it. Perfect. Tached it and sent it on its way.

The coil must have been on its last legs and packed in totally whilst under repair.

Live and learn:biggrin:

What a cazy day yesterday was. Started the day with no new machines in for service, just 6 on the bench in various states of repair awaiting spares.

By the end of the day another 31 machines had turned up. I,ll have to get busy now as I like all machines turned round within the week.:biggrin: