What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Last one for tonight 😃 I'm looking for the self tapping screw that goes through here into the black handle? I'm looking for a part number or a link to help sorce this [ATTACH]179517[/ATTACH]

Thanks in advance :thumbup:

If it's generic it's part no. 9074 478 3076 Pan Head Self-Tapping Screw IS-P4x19 which seems to fit everything from 024 to MS380 but any coarse self tapper would do the job just need a different screwdriver.

I've got a few questions for you lot so bare with me :blushing:

I was cleaning my project saw up tonight and once I removed the layers of crap it looks like the holes for adjusting the carb have been hacked/filed away:confused1:

[ATTACH]179515[/ATTACH] just behind the studs...

Is there a reason for this to fit a different carb?

I would say that this is to allow for the rubber grommet fitted to the latter carbs - has the carb diaphragm cover got a round connector on it that the air filter pushes on to?

If it has, this is the latter MS260 carb and filter.

This weekend, I have been working on a MS200T that came in from a guy in Norway. It has been running on an Alkylate fuel - I found this out when I pulled the fuel pipe off and got a blast of fuel right in my face - fortunately I was wearing safety specs that saved me getting it in my eyes.

I have to say that I am impressed with how clean the cylinder internals are, the piston was also in nice condition, the inner crankcase was also bright and shiny, no discolouration on the paint or piston ring blow-by.

I replaced a seal and no carbon under that either - looks like there is a lot of truth in using this fuel...just saying:thumbup::lol:

I would say that this is to allow for the rubber grommet fitted to the latter carbs - has the carb diaphragm cover got a round connector on it that the air filter pushes on to?

Yes Steve I'm sure it does

If it's generic it's part no. 9074 478 3076 Pan Head Self-Tapping Screw IS-P4x19 which seems to fit everything from 024 to MS380 but any coarse self tapper would do the job just need a different screwdriver.

Thanks again :thumbup1:

This bit here image.jpg.68827b89f67d66e4f522eec465644b70.jpg