What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Yeah easy with a puller but not so without, tried levering it off but didn't want to break it (plastic) so Martins sending me his puller :thumbup:

Rigging an elm, had a rigging rope which was far too short (block just over half way up the tree) so kinda snatching branches and timber onto the line, didn't need full control, just enough to pull the timber and branches in to avoid lamp posts and a new foot path. groundy letting it run to the floor. had the 46 sitting in the main forks for the big wood, using the 200 on the long branches, one 8ft long 15" dia lump of wood, the ground didn't let run, went into the saw like a battering ram.

He said he knew the saw was there, didn't know why he didn't let it run, just forgot, very apologetic, no ones fault imo just one of those things.

Some pics of the Job

[ATTACH]174689[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]174690[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]174691[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]174692[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]174693[/ATTACH]

Thats a whopper, hope the rebuild goes OK, Martin is a decent fella, if you get stuck, ask for any advice.

When you get the crank cases bolted back together and it is a bit tight, wallop the crank ends with a mallet and it will free it up!:thumbup:

Well, I can honestly say the wife is now fully trained........Guy knocks on the door and hands the wife a leaflet for tree services and says he has seen my small pile of wood and did we want some more.

Straight in there "I don't think I want to purchase any:blushing:"....answer....."No No, I just want to get rid of it and save the tipping bill as I have another job"....."Ah - What wood is it?"....."Ash":thumbup:

"That will be very nice then and did I tell you my husband services chainsaws, he is well respected on Arbtalk and works with some of the local businesses saws":lol:

Even I was impressed, not sure too many wives would know Ash is the king of burning wood and have the cheek to turn the sales pitch around:lol:

All good, I was happy, nice pile of wood and just right for seasoning for the burner!