What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Is that the standard carb model? I have done a couple and it gives the saw a fair bit more go! The "CM" is the Mtronic one isn't it??? The ones I have done are the normal adjust carb!

I don't think the 241 ever came as a normal carb did it? I know the 441 ipl I have only shows a screw carb (didn't think that was an option either).

Is that the standard carb model? I have done a couple and it gives the saw a fair bit more go! The "CM" is the Mtronic one isn't it??? The ones I have done are the normal adjust carb!

Nah, it's the m-tronic version spud. I've only had it 6 months and it's already had a new carb in it. The "c" doesn't make sense to me either.

Ah, thought that was the CM model - baffling:confused1:

Yeah, two versions of the 362, both labeled "C" on the starter - with the M-Tronic labelled "C-M" in the literature..

The 241, I dunno. I never paid much attention to them until someone offered me one. With a good MM, they are good saws with a load of torque for their size.

Just make sure when you muffler mod that it doesn't end up eating away at a brake handle or sumfin. There's loads of room under the bonnet of a 241 for the muffler, thus the big ole hole.

Yeah I was just gonna drill out the existing hole to make it bigger. There's no baffles in the muffler or anything, just a hollow can. Is the 241 the same?

Yeah I was just gonna drill out the existing hole to make it bigger. There's no baffles in the muffler or anything, just a hollow can. Is the 241 the same?

There's a small perforated baffle on the 241. The 241 is actually surprisingly choked up. It has a small baffle and a tiny exit hole - maybe 8mm. It's basically guaranteed to fill up the exhaust with carbon and run hot. They respond extremely well to muffler mods when recalibrated correctly.

Should I wait till my warranty is up? Or go for it now?

Well, I'd hate to see your dealer give you a tough time over it if you needed warranty work. After all, it is rather invasive surgery.