What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Hope you get it sorted. It'll be a sod if it turns out to have been a dirty fuel filter.

Sorry to have asked about harnesses, then not called in to try. Found myself in Lakes, so collected my own from there. If you ever get the chance, the Barranc de L'Infern is a grand day out.

Got my 025 in bits on the bench today, given it a pressure and vacuum test and crank seals are leaking

Anyone know which seals it needs for me to do them without dismantling it. Have looked in the ipl and there are 2 different part numbers which I assume is one for a dismantled saw and one for an assembled saw any idea which is which ?

Will still need to get a puller to get them out without dismantling it but am slowly working my way through all of my saws as around half of them are running badly and laid up

ive always used the same seals in them and never heard of or seen "a second type"

Maybe they have just superceded a part number tho as the use the same seals in some of the newer strimmers.

As per Ray says strip it down to replace them. I wouldn't try pulling them to replace them as there is a lip on each side of the half moons which holds them central. Chances are you may pull the old ones but you wouldn't fit the new ones easily without damage plus they really need a bit of dirko or sealer on them.

Hi Spud and Wisconsin,

First chance I've had this week to look at that 435 carb again.the valve you mentioned testing by blowing through. I can just about blow through it with a bit of fuel hose, although not easily, but it is closed on suck. The carb ipl you thoughtfully posted shows the gasket between the carb body and the diaphragm, contrary to what Spud said although I think he may be correct. Thoughts again? And, of course, thanks for your great input!

Hi Spud and Wisconsin,

First chance I've had this week to look at that 435 carb again.the valve you mentioned testing by blowing through. I can just about blow through it with a bit of fuel hose, although not easily, but it is closed on suck. The carb ipl you thoughtfully posted shows the gasket between the carb body and the diaphragm, contrary to what Spud said although I think he may be correct. Thoughts again? And, of course, thanks for your great input!

There are two diaphragms, the METERING one which is the one you are talking about and the PUMPING one that sits on the carb body as I described correctly:001_rolleyes::lol:

Hi Steve,

I am talking about the pumping one. The black, rubbery one with the metal disc in the middle! On Wisco's ipl it is shown with the harder, thicker gasket between it and the carb body. Didn't look right to me either. I shall assemble it your way round and see what occurs!

Hi Steve,

I am talking about the pumping one. The black, rubbery one with the metal disc in the middle! On Wisco's ipl it is shown with the harder, thicker gasket between it and the carb body. Didn't look right to me either. I shall assemble it your way round and see what occurs!

That is the metering one as it meters the fuel by opening the needle valve. The spacer gasket goes between the carb body and the diaphragm