What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I only wish I knew what I now know when I was 17 years old:001_rolleyes: The FS1E was bog apart from the baffles out and a funky glitter green paint job - think the little end was a bit rattly but it would do 50mph:thumbup:

I was more four strokes in those days, had a :thumbup:400/4 which was gas flowed, high rise cams, K&Ns, clip ons and oversize pisons,,,,,oh, and an Alpha exhaust:thumbup:

A friend had A Puch Maxi. If you remember those as they were of a similar era to the FS1E? Was more like a bicycle than a moped but he made an expansion exhaust, filled the crank with cork and araldite, ported it too.

This tiny thing could get to sixty mph! Waaaaaail..:lol:

codlasher

A friend had A Puch Maxi. If you remember those as they were of a similar era to the FS1E? Was more like a bicycle than a moped but he made an expansion exhaust, filled the crank with cork and araldite, ported it too.

This tiny thing could get to sixty mph! Waaaaaail..:lol:

codlasher

Do I remember them...of course, we purchased one of those, did it up and made some dosh on it....60mph - flippineck - thats good going!

how many wires to the sensor?

slim

The sensor has two wires. One goes to the box then out onto the kill switch. The other wire goes back to the coil and dead mans handle.

If I remove the lot it works. But connect one wire and it cuts out. It doesn't matter what one....

Will try for a description.

Wire from coil is to the off switch, this then goes down to the sensor and is mid line back to the coil. Where the dead mans handle also joins the coil. The handle also doesn't work as it's connected to the same wires.

I hate wiring. Hopefully a new sensor will sort it out. I can stall the engine out by touching the joins on the wires. Just means I have to be very carefull of the grinding wheel.

Oh and one more to bug me. A stihl pole pruner. Pull it over and the chain turns with the pull cord. But fire it up and the chain doesn't move on tick over. Only when it's being pulled over.....

Most of the kill switches and anything else to stop the engine work by earthing the wire from the coil. If you connect the two wires to the sensor together does it still run ?

Will try it out on Monday. That's when I will really dig into it. It was a quick look over to ensure there wasn't anything badly wrong with it before I started into it.

The sensor has two wires. One goes to the box then out onto the kill switch. The other wire goes back to the coil and dead mans handle.

If I remove the lot it works. But connect one wire and it cuts out. It doesn't matter what one....

Will try for a description.

Wire from coil is to the off switch, this then goes down to the sensor and is mid line back to the coil. Where the dead mans handle also joins the coil. The handle also doesn't work as it's connected to the same wires.

Oh! what are you working on to be using whitworth size tools?

I hate wiring. Hopefully a new sensor will sort it out. I can stall the engine out by touching the joins on the wires. Just means I have to be very carefull of the grinding wheel.

Oh and one more to bug me. A stihl pole pruner. Pull it over and the chain turns with the pull cord. But fire it up and the chain doesn't move on tick over. Only when it's being pulled over.....

Two wires on the same terminal or separate ones. I may have missed it but,what SGrinder is it and what engine,splash or pressure oil system?

BTW, what are you working on to be using whitworth sizes a lot?

slim

Edited by slim reaper

Two wires on the same terminal or separate ones. I may have missed it but,what SGrinder is it and what engine,splash or pressure oil system?

BTW, what are you working on to be using whitworth sizes a lot?

slim

haha, I wondered that too. I had not touched a whitworth spanner in 20 years until I sold them (for charity) just before chtistmas!

That would be for the many old tractors that are in the farmers shed. The old Massey fords. Fordson majors.

There are some real old ones in there. So they are used for doing any work on them. To be honest they are not my spanners but as they are used on the tractors then I use them.

Blimey, I started in Ag engineering in the mid 70's, and did not even use whitworth then!!

Just carried the flaming things around for years in the bottom of the tool box, just in case.

Seen plenty of folk try to use spanners that 'sort of fit' though.