What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Today involved servicing a back-pack blower, hedgecutters and modding my 385 to take a 36" stihl bar (off a 660). Then I tripped over and gashed my neck on the 5' bar on the 090 whilst rushing around in the rain, luckily it hasn't had a chain made yet!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1389049593.927667.jpg.da5762a9098185317e447dfc24ff418e.jpg

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Was cutting for about 15mins with old husky 50 rancher, was in amongst dirty upturned roots so stopped saw to sharpen, wee bugger wouldn't start again after 20 pulls! Had to go back to van and get the jonny 630.

Husky not done that before, any thoughts?

Obviously it's an old saw, but any pointers would be welcome. Thanks mull.

A bit hard. What's the comp like. Fuel level.

Normally if a saw runs fine then you stop it after it's hot and it won't restart it normally means the comp has gone. Give it a try in the morn and see if it starts again.

Could also be a park issue, check and change the spark plug.

Also if it doesn't start see if the spark plug is getting wet.

Normally if a saw runs fine then you stop it after it's hot and it won't restart it normally means the comp has gone. Give it a try in the morn and see if it starts again.

Cheers Rich, haven't picked it up since!

You mention compression and tbh the jonny feels more alive when pulling the start cord, husky seems a bit wheezy! For want of a better description, sorry.

Could also be the coil breaking down, so check the plug for a spark too, had that with a 335xpt

Cheers Rich, haven't picked it up since!

You mention compression and tbh the jonny feels more alive when pulling the start cord, husky seems a bit wheezy! For want of a better description, sorry.

It could be then. A rule of thumb, hold the pull cord in one hand and let the saw drop, while holding the cord handle. See how long it takes to reach the bottom of the cord.

If it drops instantly then it's gone.

But a tester should be used for accurate results.

Also not sure on the model but has it got a decomp button? This could have started leaking.

It could be then. A rule of thumb, hold the pull cord in one hand and let the saw drop, while holding the cord handle. See how long it takes to reach the bottom of the cord.

If it drops instantly then it's gone.

But a tester should be used for accurate results.

Also not sure on the model but has it got a decomp button? This could have started leaking.

No decomp Rich, think it's about 27 yrs old, should probably just let it die. On the other hand it cuts wood and has served me well.

Used to be at the fishing, pots mostly, hauler had honda 5.5hp and were good engines but spark plug used to fail occasionally, with no warning, one minute fine, next minute gone!

hello i,am looking for some advice please this solo rex chainsaw i,am mauling with has been playing up today its been stood under a bench for about 20 years + it was running sweet last night but today the carbs all over the place so i,ve been looking for a new diaphram kit for a tillotson HL-80A i,ve googled it etc and get nothing back and as i have never worked on these hl carbs are they just a standard kit one fits all etc as i cant find one for this said carb can anyone point me in the right direction please i would be greatful thanks

hello i,am looking for some advice please this solo rex chainsaw i,am mauling with has been playing up today its been stood under a bench for about 20 years + it was running sweet last night but today the carbs all over the place so i,ve been looking for a new diaphram kit for a tillotson HL-80A i,ve googled it etc and get nothing back and as i have never worked on these hl carbs are they just a standard kit one fits all etc as i cant find one for this said carb can anyone point me in the right direction please i would be greatful thanks

Ask Hugo at Rowena Motors - they are main dealers for Tilloson, Zama and Walbro - always very helpful and also very good value:thumbup:

As spud said, if you click the tillotson logo on the Rowena website then it will give you a list of the carb series, click HL and you can search for your model

As for the carbs themselves, really easy to work on.