What's on your bench today?

spudulike

I was going to go today and have a nose at what's there. Just didn't have the drive this morn. Still recovering from Xmas.

The tools arnt going to run away so no rush.

My tools run away :thumbdown: got to keep my box locked and sometimes if I'm out the workshop and come back there's a queue of people "can I borrow" gets on my b**bs :thumbdown:

My tools run away :thumbdown: got to keep my box locked and sometimes if I'm out the workshop and come back there's a queue of people "can I borrow" gets on my b**bs :thumbdown:

Like my friend at the bike shop says, "the bloke who lends tools out is on holiday, his mate who does favours went with him " :001_rolleyes:

Sick of eating and watching repeats on the tv so ive rebuild the carb on a robin strimmer this morning, going to empty out the parts washer and refill it this afternoon and order a load of nuts, bolts and washers to refill the lin bins as im running low.

Ok. I'm going to swallow this one whole.

Aspen.

I was sent a saw from Dan Earp jones, ms260, did have a problem with the drum heating up and the clutch. But between this and it coming to me a screwdriver had somehow ended up in the pot and damaged the piston beyond repair and the pot was damaged, but after chatting with spud I decided I would give it a go at repairing it. It worked well, managed to get the damage out and a new meteor piston in. Now pulling 170psi.

Now the swallow bit. This saw is run on aspen. So a bit dubious over it, so after some checking the carb settings and a few stop start moments. Meter arm height was out. If anyone has a pic of the arm and a gauge etc could they add them please. Have looked back but can't find them.

And eventually got the saw tuned and running very nice indeed. Now aspen, it was actually really pleasant to be able to start the saw and not get chocked out by smoke and fumes, especially from a flooded saw. It smelt nice. So I will actually recommend aspen to the casual user or the gardener. The price will be the decider for them. But for me it's the nice working environment in the workshop.

So there I actually like aspen, I've said it.

Careful Barrie. :lol::lol:

Ok. I'm going to swallow this one whole.

Aspen.

I was sent a saw from Dan Earp jones, ms260, did have a problem with the drum heating up and the clutch. But between this and it coming to me a screwdriver had somehow ended up in the pot and damaged the piston beyond repair and the pot was damaged, but after chatting with spud I decided I would give it a go at repairing it. It worked well, managed to get the damage out and a new meteor piston in. Now pulling 170psi.

Now the swallow bit. This saw is run on aspen. So a bit dubious over it, so after some checking the carb settings and a few stop start moments. Meter arm height was out. If anyone has a pic of the arm and a gauge etc could they add them please. Have looked back but can't find them.

And eventually got the saw tuned and running very nice indeed. Now aspen, it was actually really pleasant to be able to start the saw and not get chocked out by smoke and fumes, especially from a flooded saw. It smelt nice. So I will actually recommend aspen to the casual user or the gardener. The price will be the decider for them. But for me it's the nice working environment in the workshop.

So there I actually like aspen, I've said it.

Careful Barrie. :lol::lol:

Lmao👍 thanks for your hard work so far bud👍 and looks like you've only got one more closet to come out of😜

Lmao👍 thanks for your hard work so far bud👍 and looks like you've only got one more closet to come out of😜

Haha very funny..... Says the one that send me a saw that smells of lenor.:lol::lol::001_tt2::001_tt2:

And I always find this part hard as you said you contacted Barrie and now I'm worried I have been treading on toes. :blushing:

Haha very funny..... Says the one that send me a saw that smells of lenor.:lol::lol::001_tt2::001_tt2:

And I always find this part hard as you said you contacted Barrie and now I'm worried I have been treading on toes. :blushing:

Lol i asked barry for a quote on stihl parts and advice. Lol sure you could fix it by buying in some aspen 😜 lol

Lol i asked barry for a quote on stihl parts and advice. Lol sure you could fix it by buying in some aspen 😜 lol

I'm actually thinking of buying a small quantity in at first and seeing how it goes. Maybe a few different size bottles and see how they sell. One never knows until one has tried.:thumbup1:

I'm actually thinking of buying a small quantity in at first and seeing how it goes. Maybe a few different size bottles and see how they sell. One never knows until one has tried.:thumbup1:

Id just do it in 5ltr bottles bud, since the 1ltr bottles wont last long. If you think about the size of an average fuel tank on a hedgie strimmer small chainsaw 260 or below. After that it would only do 2 fills in a 361 or less.