What's on your bench today?

spudulike

Oh FFS.

Great. Just what I need when I'm trying to get some space cleared before Xmas. Closing on the 20th.

I might just chuck it on the shelf as a spare part. Order a new one up tomoz. Can't believe it. Just my sodding luck that is.

Oh well.

Rich, the part you need is - 1121 160 5400

Sometimes on online sites, if you get the part number slightly wrong, it comes up with a similar part - been there before with a fuel line :001_rolleyes::thumbdown:

1121 160 5400 is indeed the correct number.

For those who have not yet realised, the first 4 numbers e.g 1121 designate the saw the part was originally designed for.

Not all parts for an 026 will start with 1121 though, as some may be common with other machines.

The rest of the number. in this case 160 5400 designate the type of part as a brake band.

If there are options for the same saw then the last 4 numbers may change to something like 5450 for the alternative part.

Common parts have generic first 4 numbers. 9214 for nuts, 9022 for spline screws etc.

it's official, Santa does exist

I asked for a jigsaw puzzle for Xmas as I have been very very very good this year, and I got one. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ms260, seized shortly after being transferred to aspen. On looking at the piston and pot there is no sign of any transfer on either. But due to a small indent it will need a new pot and piston. So meteor piston going in and new pot.

But I do reckon it seized as if you look at he bottle behind it it does look like wee had been used instead....:lol::001_tt2::lol::lol::lol::lol:

image.jpg.9677c4a8ac7da7ea6bf927f103c457b2.jpg

Had my 660 in bits last night to replace the fuel tank as the repairs attempted on the cracked tank where still weeping fuel slowly

Finished it this morning with brute force on the metal handle near the chain brake to take the bend out of it so I could bolt it back on properly and fired it up to try it

Seems as I would expect for an 11 month old 660 that has only been used a half dozen times except now the chain is creeping slowly on tickover and it never used to

Chain tension is good any ideas if it is most likely a simple case of needing to reset tickover or is it more likely I have an air leak and haven't seated the carb against its rubber as well as it should be

Any suggestions welcome before I strip it again

Dave

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Do you knit?:confused1:

That's the other half. I can knit but just don't anymore. She does it and makes some really good stuff. Will get a pic up in a bit of some stuff she has made.

Had my 660 in bits last night to replace the fuel tank as the repairs attempted on the cracked tank where still weeping fuel slowly

Finished it this morning with brute force on the metal handle near the chain brake to take the bend out of it so I could bolt it back on properly and fired it up to try it

Seems as I would expect for an 11 month old 660 that has only been used a half dozen times except now the chain is creeping slowly on tickover and it never used to

Chain tension is good any ideas if it is most likely a simple case of needing to reset tickover or is it more likely I have an air leak and haven't seated the carb against its rubber as well as it should be

Any suggestions welcome before I strip it again

Dave

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Is the idle speed higher than before? A tach is a better way of doing it. And did you adjust the screws? Reset to factory and see what it does. Failing that check the clutch is all good.