346xp vs 560xp

Chopper-Gooders

The 346xp is now history

the latest 346xp wasn't that old was it? the one with the primer bulb and silver sideplate? why change what is basically a perfect saw? just another stupid name change is it or an emissions thing?

Heard the 560xp with 18 bar is something else. It's probably gonna be the next saw I buy.

FWIW wouldn't put an 18 on a 346 or a 260 for that matter, the 346 is the perfect small saw with the 15

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

550xp is due in the 3rd week in feb So my deal told me

:thumbup1:

the latest 346xp wasn't that old was it? the one with the primer bulb and silver sideplate? why change what is basically a perfect saw? just another stupid name change is it or an emissions thing?

Heard the 560xp with 18 bar is something else. It's probably gonna be the next saw I buy.

FWIW wouldn't put an 18 on a 346 or a 260 for that matter, the 346 is the perfect small saw with the 15

13" on a 50cc, 15" on a 60cc :001_tt2: No rakers :lol:

Aye, the 560xp now sorted is mental; the 550xp looks the same (scaled down 560) and apparently is bonkers too (0.1kg lighter and 0.1kw more power) and higher revving than the 346.

HUSQVARNA 550 XP® - XP® save

Very rough rule of thumb is the bar should be 1/3 of the engine size or under so a 60cc will be 20" or under, this rule gives a bar size that will work for the saw and going under by an inch or two will make it faster and easier to handle.

The 346XP is best with a 15" - perfect balance and speed, no knowledge of the 560 yet but would strongly suspect a 18" would be the perfect choice.

It'll never be a 242xp. Barely anyone left old enough on here to know what that is :001_tt2:

I would of gone with the weight and got a 262xp instead although the 242 was a good saw!!! Spud had a 262 in his workshop the other day and it got me all excited ,Sad hey that a saw can do that !!

Reluctantly I think the 560xp is pretty damn good- its power is instant from a touch on the throttle- it almost has read your mind before you even put your finger on it. I wreckon it could easily pull an 18" bar. It does look a bit like a toy though, not enough orange for my liking.