MS201T. After all the hype was it worth it?

Gnarlyoak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm still in favour of 200 too.

Chainbrake doesn't 'click' nicely. Seems to need a bit more of a press.

On/off switch doesn't just flick off nicely. It needs a bit of a press fully home into off position.

I'm also not so sure about full chisel chain on them too. Yes, it cuts fast when sharp and cutting 'with care'. But sometimes just digs in too much and you have to back off, pull out and start the cut again - Slower in my opinion.

It does seem quite powerful and fuel consumption seems ok. Can't say I've noticed any increase really.

All in all, I'd swap for a 2 month old 200 any day!!

I was all ready to buy a 201t and a 201 rear handle until I saw that they only recommend a 14 inch bar for the 201 rear handle when the 200 rear handle was sold with a 16 inch.

I know it doesnt stop Me or anybody else from fitting one but it does make Me wonder why the recommended bar size has dropped.

I think Ill be buying a 200 :thumbup1:

• 3 weeks later...

opportune thread. i'm in the same situation= buy new 200 or 201. have heard say that the balance has been altered a little, so on the 201 a 14" bar makes the nose drop a little. the 200 is proven; and it seems they're selling both saws for now.

I am quite shocked by these replies, I've had mine from not long after the release date and i think it s great saw, i'll alway sue it over my 200 just has that extra bit of grunt to it, very noticable when cutting full bar length stuff and the fuel seems to last longer. It also generally feels like a more solid saw all round, however this might be because my 200 is a fairly tired 07 and the 201 is stil relativley new.

I've been sent up a 200 after urnning out of fuel or knockcing a chain off and it felt awful, i had them send me back the 201 as soon as it was ready to go again.

Another benefit is the 201 actually works out cheaper than 200!

201t all the way for me!