Absolutely spitting feathers

Dean Lofthouse

Dean,

Next thing you know he has tresspassed,caused damage and intent of theft?

Play the game hse,forestry comm,complain to local bobby keep your hands clean (play with tar it sticks to your fingers).

What would be his reaction if you had done the same ???

On a lighter note stick a couple of road killed badgers under them and add badger act in the mix

Let the powers that be become your champion

I agree with the above.

Get the police and hse involved, sue him for attempted theft (given he knows the boundary), the hse should also be interested especially since he has 'contracted' others to do the work and bill him for all your time. He has already offered to pay thus admitting guilt. People like that need to be taken to task.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the law on squatters rights has changed within the last year, no longer can you claim squatters rights if you have occupied land/building for a certain amount of time, unless you have the permission of the land owner. It involves them sending you a letter saying "please can I have this?" and you saying "Fornicate Off!"

I think you have chosen the right conservative and proffesional option with making him pay for new trees.

It shows you have "balls" and that you are prepared to be leniant with his mistakes.

As for your pikey problem, remind them how easy a chainsaw goes through caravans next time they pay you a visit.

the law on squatters rights has changed within the last year, no longer can you claim squatters rights if you have occupied land/building for a certain amount of time, unless you have the permission of the land owner. It involves them sending you a letter saying "please can I have this?" and you saying "Fornicate Off!"

:scared1:You might want to check that

:scared1:You might want to check that

I think if it hasn't changed it's about time it did.

Off topic a bit but:

I know a (decent) developer that got stuffed big style a few year back, the locals did the "we've been using the land as a common for as long as we can remember" stunt.

It set him back many years, there was supposed to be something like 140 houses going on it and many who were on the objectors list where ones that had been in houses less than 2 years old around the periphery of the site, built on what used to be fields

• 3 months later...

Just an update.

Bumped into said little mafia man today and had the full wrath of Mr Lofthouse inflicted upon him for a good 15 minutes.

I told him he still owed me two trees and he must in no uncertain terms pay me or supply the trees otherwise it "will" cost him a lot of money. I then went to his house and disturbed his family sunday lunch with a new bill. He promised a cheque this week.

As for the squatters thing, he is still adament or tried to be adamant he owns the fence and the bit of my land.

I just told him if that if he thinks that is the case then please get his solicitor to draft up a letter putting it in writing that the boundary to my land is not the stream, it is the fence on my side of the stream, which was put up to keep cattle in :confused1:

If he can get a solicitor to do that he will be doing well, I told him the fence is mine and if he doesn't pay for the trees I'll take the fence down.

Once he's paid and the cheque clears, I'm taking the fence down anyway, just to annoy him :001_smile: