Last call for any past/present askham bryan students or anyone who lives near york!

showoffsummer

Hi guys- last shout to see if anyone is doing the degree in arb next year at askham bryan, I dont know anyone on it yet and it would be nice if another arbtalker was doing it!

if you have been there in the past I would love your thoughts and recommendations.

and any locals to the area, if you could recommend anything to me, also looking for a local (rock) climbing wall/ climbing partners!

cheers ciaran glyde

I was at Askham Bryan in the mid-eighties and thoroughly enjoyed it. Spent a lot of time (and most of my grant) in the Rose and Crown in Askham Richard. They used to do a great chicken curry and the local brew was 50p a pint!

wow, if its still 50p a pint im there! im vegetarian so the chicken curry doesn't sound to appealing!!!

cheers ciaran glyde

:001_smile:what is the base/starting course in arb?

sorry to de rail

is it a full time course your doing?

Cheers

it is the foundation degree which you top up to a degree, they do level 3 diplomas.

the degree im doing is full time (3.5 days a week+ 1 day working) but you can do it part time (1 day a week from 8am-8pm)

hope this helps and I think this is all correct, they have a good website for the info.

cheers ciaran glyde

it is the foundation degree which you top up to a degree, they do level 3 diplomas.

the degree im doing is full time (3.5 days a week+ 1 day working) but you can do it part time (1 day a week from 8am-8pm)

hope this helps and I think this is all correct, they have a good website for the info.

cheers ciaran glyde

wonder if there's any place's left for the one day a week one :) bit late though :(

can only try :)