Ash cord wood

philg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the obvious & inevitable is happening as the popularity of firewood increases, so do prices of raw materials.

prob we have in our industry (in the broad picture of arb & forestry) is that domestic customers just don't get what goes into running an outfit in terms of overheads, training etc, because they don't really see us as anything but gardeners with attitude (ie, why do we need to charge so much?).

i reckon the log market will settle for those who can stick it out for a while but at the end of the day, logs always need to be done in conjunction with another line of business so you can possibly source your own cord etc to keep prices at a sensible level but turn a nice little extra profit for the holidays.

keep your hats tight down lads....we're in for a windy ride!!!!!!!!!!:001_smile:

my market is pre-dominatly customers with good insulation & economical central-heating, open fire/ wood burner/ multi-fuel burner is time-consuming in comparison with central-heating, if the price increase of wood fuel exceeds that of gas & electric then all we will see is customers who want a fire at christmas & weekend's....if they have time!! im all for price increases in the industry but it needs to kept realistic, an increase of 30-35% of cordwood at road side is far from realistic!!!!!

When I put my log prices up in October customers will still buy them and maybe I'll lose a few customers but i'd sooner supply dry logs at a profit than be a busy fool breaking even and breaking my back for nowt.

Thanks, that would have kept me up for hours googling blue machinery.:thumbup:

Fill the hopper on top full of sawdust press one button and hey presto it poo's out briquettes, Its oh so easy compared to cutting logs. I hope they sell this winter as the price of logs is getting silly now:lol:

how much is 1, of those ,will it compress wood chip ?

The're about 9k. You will struggle to briquette woodchip it's too big:confused1: All i do is call at local cabinet makers on fridays and collect all sawdust FOC then the rest is history I only briquette h/wood and strictly no mdf dust.