11mm rope...hmmm

Chopper-Gooders

I recently bought some Blaze and really like it found it works well in pulleys, works well with my hitch climber, its very easy to tie knots in and it is very light. I have found it is slippy for instance i added an extra turn to my knut. I find i have to wear gloves to use it without my hands hurting. I wouldnt recommend Blaze or other 11mm ropes for use with a prussik or blakes, Imori may be the best middle ground your after as it combines some of the beniftis of both a 13mm rope and an 11 mm rope

No one is saying much about weight... so i will...

if we're in big trees then an 11mm (i use tachyon) makes life that much lighter (with the added plus of srt ascent gear that someone else already mentioned).

footlocking, redirecting, pulling up gear it is all that bit easier....

as for the size difference and gripping its not long b4 you get 2mm stronger!!

Most of my short ropes are xtc and so is my rescue line.... value for money and strong as oak.

No one is saying much about weight... so i will...

if we're in big trees then an 11mm (i use tachyon) makes life that much lighter (with the added plus of srt ascent gear that someone else already mentioned).

footlocking, redirecting, pulling up gear it is all that bit easier....

as for the size difference and gripping its not long b4 you get 2mm stronger!!

Most of my short ropes are xtc and so is my rescue line.... value for money and strong as oak.

i agree having switched from XTC to poision ivy the weight differences is very noticeable, i often cary my rope in a rucksack up the tree when i'm dismantling, the bag is now a lot lighter, i found the blaze a pain when throwing it up to advance, a gnat would fart and blow the rope out of the way, solved with a krab but then you run the risk of it getting stuck.... the XTC is great as the weight means bundles can be chucked high and not so easily deflected by a scraggy water shoot or the like.